Diezel Herbert+AxeFxII MIDI problem

mindseyes

Hopefully I have this in the correct forum!!!

Hey guys I have been using a AxeFxII for F/x with my VH4 with great results running it in the loop, I use the Axe for MIDI control of the VH4 also.....I have it set up like this-- MFC101--->AxeFx via Cat5 cable then from the MIDI out/threw to the MIDI in on the VH4, works flawlessly!!!!

Ok same set up but with a Herbert but its not changing channels consistently, when I step on the button I set up for channel 1 on the amp some times I have to step on it a few times before it actually changes the channel on the amp same thing with the other buttons I have programed for the other channels on the amp, sometimes it changes right away but most of the time I have to hit the button a few times......I know the amp is getting MIDI data every time I hit a button because there is a light that light's up when MIDI data is being received, that light is also blinking in time with the tempo light on the AxeFx the whole time they are connected, I just cant get nothing saved.

Ok so this is what I tried, I took the AxeFxII out of the equation and hooked the MFC 101 directly to the amp via a MIDI cable and it worked perfectly, its like the Axe is sending to much data or something because the amp responded a lot faster to just the MFC101, the light on the amp that show's MIDI communication lights up for just a split second with just the MFC101 and when the Axe is hooked up that light kinda flickers a bit before changing the channel, if it changes it.

Anyone have any ideas?
I feel like this is a setting the Axe I need to change, hopefully!
Here are some pic of my current MIDI settings
midi1.jpg

midi2.jpg

midi3.jpg

I bet it's the tempo data messing things up. I used to hook up my ultra with my vh4s and I didn't get any tempo sync to the amp.

Lemme think.

Do you know if your Herbert is in omni mode, or set to a particular midi channel? Probly not it but just trying to troubleshoot.

I'm 99% sure I have the Herbert in omni, if I didn't have it in omni I would be having problems when I hook the mfc101 directly to the amp in witch it works fine that way..... It's when I add the Axe it goes weird.

Still works fine with the VH4, it always has.....never had any problems getting it going with it.

Back
Top Bottom