Diezel Herbert, Axe Fx Ultra, Ground Control Pro + midi cont

chopshop777

Inspired
I just wanna see what everyone says and how all the expert reply to this, I am probably gonna get shot out of the sky for saying this but here it goes:
If you have a Diezel Hebert
Fractal Audtio Axe Fx Ultra
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro
it is best to leave the Groung Control hooked up the Axe Fx ONLY and use another midi foot controller to switch between the herbert's channels, at least this is the way I am gonna setup mine, because I have tried going Midi in on the back of the herbert than thru to thru of the axe and then Midi out in the Ground Control and guess what when you press any button on the Ground Control not only changes the presets on the Axe Fx but also switch between the herbert's channels. so 2 different midi foot controllers should you have this setup . Let it roll folks. :)

Since you probably cannot change the MIDI channel of the Herbert, maybe try looking at changing the MIDI channel the Axe-FX receives on to something other than 1.

I dare say (ie I'm guessing) the Herbert defaults to MIDI channel 1.

So if you broadcast on two MIDI channels at once from the GCP (I don't have one of these and am not sure it can do this), then the Herbert will hear MIDI Channel 1 and not MIDI Channel 2, while the Axe-FX will only hear MIDI Channel 2.

Make sense?

This is what I do with my Axe-FX and my Axon synth. If I had both my Axe-FX and Axon synth set to MIDI channel 1 (as defaulted), then of course when I change presets on the Axe-FX, the preset changes on the Axon. However, setting them with seperate MIDI channels (each channel can send different or same PC and CC messages for each unit), then they don't do what you are describing.

TimmyM

I have a similar setup, Herbert + AxeFx +gaspedal... although I havent tried configure it (I must do it now, but I'm also a midi stupid, and I'm not sure.. but I guess I'll have to try anything...)

Just wanted to chime in to say that the Herbert can be configured to be in any specific channel (between 7 channels), or it can be in omni mode (in this case, it wouldnt be good, because there is an axe-fx). You can see it how it can be done VERY EASILY in the manual: http://diezel.typo3.inpublica.de/manuals.2.0.html . Section 7.4.3 of the manual.

So, as far as I read and understand... we should put herbert in one channel, let's say 1, and the axe-fx in Ch.2... but then how we can configure all the presets and the IA ?? (that is what I'll have to dig as well).

Thanks

The Diezels are PC only, which I find a little frustrating. That's probably a blessing in disguise if you're running s GCPro though because it can't do IA groups. If this were my setup, I'd definitely set up the Herbert on a specific MIDI channel in th GCPro. I'd set a different MIDI channel for the Axe-Fx. Then, for each preset on the GCPro I'd specify a PC for the Herbert that corresponded to the desired amp channel. I wouldn't try to control Herbert amp channels with the IA on the GCPro because of the lack of grouping.

Back
Top Bottom