Did the New Recto XFormer get changed in last update?

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
I noticed that a lot of my presets didn't quite sound the same so I did the flip type thing with the amps.
Before doing that I checked the parameters.
Then I noticed the XFormer LF and HF for the New Recto.
I opened the bank with all the amps with their default values in 7.04 and the LF went from 19..9Hz -> 100HZ and the HF from 20000Hz -> 6988Hz.
Did more of these parameters get changed?

I use the editor a lot (I know, it's not supported!) -- my question is, can I use the editor to do quick routing and then use the front panel to restore the proper amp defaults which I can then save on the unit and import back into the editor? Unfortunately, I don't have a convenient place where I can set the Axe-Fx for ergonomic tweaking via the actual buttons on the unit itself, and with three back surgeries behind me, ergonomics is a huge deal for me.

steverosburg said:
I use the editor a lot (I know, it's not supported!) -- my question is, can I use the editor to do quick routing and then use the front panel to restore the proper amp defaults which I can then save on the unit and import back into the editor?

I'd like to know this as well ....

THANKS !

Cliff, which ones aren't correct?
19.9Hz & 20.000Hz is the values that are supposed to be the default values when opening the bank with all the amps in the editor.
When flipping the amp type on the axe-fx I should get the default values of the amp, right?
Well then it's 100Hz and 6988Hz. Are these the right ones?
If I can't make out what's default, what's changed by me and what's changed by the editor, then I think I will refrain from using the editor until this is resolved.

You're confusing Low-Cut Freq and Hi-Cut Freq with the transformer parameters. Low-cut and Hi-Cut for Recto New are 100 and 6988.

Thanks Cliff. Those are exactly the ones I meant.
So the editor can't be trusted :?
that's too bad. I found it very useful and handy to manage and tweak presets.

Not sure what you mean...i created a new patch with the editor using the recto new....xformer low was 19.9 and xformer high was 20000....low cut was 100...high cut was 6988. I then created a new patch on the axe w/o using the editor....I got the exact same values. I don't think there is anything wrong with the editor here, unless I'm misinterpreting what you're saying.

Mark

Oh and
Sorry Lars

I didn't want this to sound like I'm bashing the editor.
I've always been grateful and have shown my appreciation for the effort Lars has put into the editor.
Even though it has some minor quirks, perhaps java related, that have nothing to do with the programming itself, I found it very useful.
Think about saving effects, managing cabs, presets, banks....
It just goes to show that if something is repeated enough over time you get influenced by it and start seeing things that aren't there
Sorry again about the whole confusion.

Back
Top Bottom