Did my first live gig with new rig (Axe Effects II)...

aknyff

...and all I can say is "HOLY SHITZKY". How's that for a review? I was blown away by what I was able to do on stage with my new rig , which basically consists of my Axe Effects II, an Atomic Reactor 50w Block Power Amp and a 2 x 12" Avatar cab (w/ celestions) oh, and don't forget the MFC-101 midi footswitch, which I used all night to switch on and off every stomp box imagineable. All my prior, recent gigs I had this same setup minus the Axe Effects II, but with a LINE 6 POD LIVE X3 and someone asked me to compare the 2...I simply answered this way: suppose the POD was a plane...an engine-less, Wright brothers style plane that barely got off the ground, well the Axe Effects II would be a, hmmm let's see...it would be too obvious to say a jet fighter or a space shuttle...so how about this...the Axe II would be more aptly compared with a UFO from a far away planet whose technology was FAR superior to ours. I'm still kind of new to the Axe II and am still getting used to the powerful versatility it possesses. The cleanest cleans, the warmest distortions, the most responsive tones ever. It is well the worth the $$, in fact, if I had to do it over again, I would pay double the amount that I did the first time.

@ aknyff, no worries...all kidding aside, I felt the same way when I got my first AxeFx (Ultra) a few years ago. Amazing piece of gear from an amazing company. We're lucky to have FAS in our own back yard.

@ aknyff, no worries...all kidding aside, I felt the same way when I got my first AxeFx (Ultra) a few years ago. Amazing piece of gear from an amazing company. We're lucky to have FAS in our own back yard.

No worries Jim...BTW, I'm from Tewksbury too....

Nice! I have had mine out twice for partial gigs, Saturday is my first full gig (~4 hours, 3 long assed sets!) and the MFC101 arrives tomorrow so I have less than 24 hours to get it prepped, but I'm confident I will get it going.
At rehearsal it sounded great with my EV Live 112XP behind me in a traditional setup... I'm going to sound check with it that same way on Saturday and hope for the best. I have 8 gigs in quick succession to finish out the year with this new band so the II is going to be tested bigtime!

Back
Top Bottom