Did I fry my pedal jack?

I've been using the pedal jack on the rear of my AxeFx II mk.1 with a TR cable, and mesa single foot switch. With my I/O set up to switch the x/y on Amp 1 block. All was well...

But about an hour ago I tried a few other pedals to see if they would function the same way. I tried a Boss LS-2 line selector, and a Whirlwind Selector. Neither pedal worked with a TR or TRS cable.

But now going back the mesa foot switch... Its just not working. I've tried multiple cables, 2 different mesa foot switches. I've reset my system parameters a few times. Restarted the Axe a few times. But nada!

Anyone have any ideas on what I could have missed, or something new I can try, or maybe I'm up a creek.

Thanks for the help

After resetting system parameters, did you check/set the correct pedal type (latching or momentary, whatever your Mesa switch actually is) and assign the pedal port to Amp 1 XY again?

Those other devices are meant for routing audio signals, not this type of footswitch control port use. You might want to contact FAS support.

Sometimes just because something fits in hole you have to realise that it doesn't mean it's a good idea.

On a more serious note see what happens after following the advice above and hopefully there is no permanent damage.

After resetting system parameters, did you check/set the correct pedal type (latching or momentary, whatever your Mesa switch actually is) and assign the pedal port to Amp 1 XY again?

Those other devices are meant for routing audio signals, not this type of footswitch control port use. You might want to contact FAS support.

Yeah I've tried that a few times with no luck in remedying the issue. But thanks for taking a stab at it Bakerman

Sometimes just because something fits in hole you have to realise that it doesn't mean it's a good idea.

On a more serious note see what happens after following the advice above and hopefully there is no permanent damage.
HAHAHA thats what she said....

Ha this won't be the first time I'm learning that the hard way!

Still haven't managed to get restore functionality to the pedal jack.

What do you all reckon is the best way to contact FAS support?

Check polarity of the pedal and Ax8. There may be a polarity reverse on either the pedal or AX8. Next reload the firmware. My AX8 sometimes goes awry and a firmware reload always fixes it. Also, could be a bug from newer firmware (although I just setup a SP-2 pedal and after a few frustrating hours, finally got it set up.

Check polarity of the pedal and Ax8. There may be a polarity reverse on either the pedal or AX8. Next reload the firmware. My AX8 sometimes goes awry and a firmware reload always fixes it. Also, could be a bug from newer firmware (although I just setup a SP-2 pedal and after a few frustrating hours, finally got it set up.

I'll definitely try re-installing/updating the firmware. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom