DI signal is clipping via USB

Lew1011

Hello everyone. I have an issue when recording a DI signal throught usb 3 in cubase. The problem appears when I use hot pickups (worse with active pickups). The signal is clipping and is clearly chopped at -8 db.
It seems to come from the input pad. Increasing it's value helps but those measurments are effectued at a -18db pad (maxed)
The guitar is plugged directly into the input 1, and I also checked the battery of the pickups.

I'm adding sceenshots

Thanks

Cubase clipping.JPGcubase chop.JPG

If you are clipping the input of the FM3 with hot pickups, the solution is to increase the INPUT 1 PAD value from 6dB to as high as 18dB.

Find it under SETUP: I/O: AUDIO.

Thanks for your reply, those measurments are done with the input 1 pad value at 18db. I can get around the problem by lowering the volume knob of my guitar :).
If you are clipping the input of the FM3 with hot pickups, the solution is to increase the INPUT 1 PAD value from 6dB to as high as 18dB.

Find it under SETUP: I/O: AUDIO.

Sorry, I just realised the problem is comming from my pickups, the notes are chopped even when lowering the volume on the guitar ... Fluence not good. :expressionless:

Back
Top Bottom