DI signal for Reamping through the Axe

imrecs

Inspired
I like to record my Bass DI through an Active DI > Neve or Chandler Preamp (mic input) > 1176 compressor > Interface. I also want to reamp the signal through the Axe FX via SPDIF in the mix, to blend in an amp sound that is catered to the mix/created while mixing.

Is the DI signal I am recording through the DI>Neve/Chandler>1176 okay for reamping, or should I capture a second DI signal that is unprocessed/uncolored, through the Axe FX Front input and captured via SPDIF? The signal would therefore be like this:

Bass > DI XLR out > Neve Preamp > 1176 > Line Input on Interface > DAW
> DI thru > Axe FX front input > SPDIF Input on Interface > DAW (Use this signal to reamp via the Axe FX Spdif in the mix).

Would this be better than using the processed/compressed DI signal, or should I just use the processed/compress signal to send to the Axe for reamping? I obviously love what the preamp/1176 does for the tone as a DI in the mix, though in the analog world I've never processed my signal like that before hitting an amp, so don't have the experience to know if that's going to get me a better tone or cause any problems.

Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom