DI Out with pitch blocks?

JeDu

I currently have USB channel 3 mapped in Logic Pro as a DI track. I believe the audio for USB 3 is the output from the FM3 Input block.

Is there a way to map a DI channel AFTER a pitch block? I would like to use the FM3 for whammy or other pitch effects and include in the DI track. The other option is to run an external whammy pedal in front of the FM3, but I prefer to keep everything inside the FM3.

Thanks in advance.

The signal for USB Input 3 and 4 comes directly from the input, not the grid. The IN 1 block is not required to capture a DI. If you want to capture a processed signal from the grid, use either the Out 1 or Out 2 blocks.

This question comes up from time to time, but it’s usually asked about a wah effect. You could add the effect to the DI, but another way to do it is to control the whammy with a midi expression pedal and record the pedal midi along with the DI. When you reamp, send the midi and recreate the whammy while reamping. That’s a lot more flexible since it doesn’t have to be at the beginning of the signal chain and can be adjusted after you record.

Back
Top Bottom