Devin Townsend patches and IR's

npx

Inspired
I just noticed a tweet from Devin Townsend that reads:

"Doing a 'rigged' feature for MetalSucks. Will post links to my Axe-fx presets and cab ir's as well. thanks for everything."

This could be interesting!

that's the 3rd major artist i've herd of this week that are going to be releasing their patches, deftones and ken susi are apparently also, i wonder what fractal has in store for us :)

from Ken Susi Rigged on metalsucks.net
"Fractal Audio Axe-FX (di tone/effects): This is the heart and sole of my rigg. My Fractal basically contains eveything. I mentioned I had the Valvulator splitting into two amps… Well, even though I’m splitting between amps, the Axe-FX is used for two different things. 1) I have an unreal tone that was built in my Axe-FX going out to the front of house but at the same time I also have it going through my live amp. I put a parametric EQ on the amp side of my rig to smooth out some imperfections Not only is my Axe-FX my effects unit but it’s also my amp. I have this rigged up to push effects from the amp inside of the unit to a live amp all with the click of one button. Fractal Audio will be releasing my patches very soon. Keep a look out!"

that's the 3rd major artist i've herd of this week that are going to be releasing their patches, deftones and ken susi are apparently also, i wonder what fractal has in store for us :)

from Ken Susi Rigged on metalsucks.net
"Fractal Audio Axe-FX (di tone/effects): This is the heart and sole of my rigg. My Fractal basically contains eveything. I mentioned I had the Valvulator splitting into two amps… Well, even though I’m splitting between amps, the Axe-FX is used for two different things. 1) I have an unreal tone that was built in my Axe-FX going out to the front of house but at the same time I also have it going through my live amp. I put a parametric EQ on the amp side of my rig to smooth out some imperfections Not only is my Axe-FX my effects unit but it’s also my amp. I have this rigged up to push effects from the amp inside of the unit to a live amp all with the click of one button. Fractal Audio will be releasing my patches very soon. Keep a look out!"

Alright this is badass!
I can't wait!
Any clue as to when this would be available?
Also, where did you read that Deftones patches would be made available?

Last edited:
I'm wondering if they are just sharing their G1 presets... now that they're getting their G2 Units...

Sadly somewhat obsolete as Devin has reworked his sounds on the Axe-Fx II...

:)

Back
Top Bottom