Devin Townsend Empath US Tour

If you catch the videos on YT it appears Diego (keys) is triggering some kick drum samples on Love? and Genesis too I think. Even still, Morgan is insane. Best drummer Devin has worked with to cover his catalog of music imo.

Right at 3:59 he starts it, I think he's got either those toms tuned down to mimic kick's or he mounted kick drums on tom stands. Regardless, it's absolutely brutal live!

Right at 3:59 he starts it, I think he's got either those toms tuned down to mimic kick's or he mounted kick drums on tom stands. Regardless, it's absolutely brutal live!

Looks like hi-hat is going with his foot, 1 foot kickdrum, left hand is triggering another kick, and right hand is ride/snare? Im no drummer, but the dude is off the chain.

I was going to say the link is a little late since they're all sold out, but they added what looks like 500 more tickets to each again.

@Admin M@ can you light a fire under Dev’s ass and help him post some of his presets. He mentioned on a Twitch stream that he wanted to but didn’t really know how to. Personally, I’d love to play through his clean and ambient ones.

@Admin M@ can you light a fire under Dev’s ass and help him post some of his presets. He mentioned on a Twitch stream that he wanted to but didn’t really know how to. Personally, I’d love to play through his clean and ambient ones.

Haha, I was one of the ones asking him if the preset pack was still happening. He asked where to upload them ugh... lol.

I've tinkered with those old presets in the III as much as I could but aside from some of the EQ blocks I never got anything useful out of them. I don't believe he's ever released any of them with the FX either which is kind of the key ingredient imo.

Is it similar or related to the infamous Devin Townsend preset for the Ultra way back when that you guys couldn't share?

According to Devin, He spend some time shooting IR’s and creating patches prior to going into the studio to record Empath. I’m going to guess that they are similar sounding, but from what I’ve heard over the past few albums, very different.

Back
Top Bottom