Developer's Diary, May 6 2013

Admin M@, At another post, on a thread now locked, Fractal said:
"FWIW we had a third party evaluate the issue and they have concluded that the problem lies in the "OS in-box" drivers, i.e. the native OS drivers. They have identified a couple possible solutions. Ideally the OS manufacturer should fix the bug but, in their experience, this OS manufacturer has not been receptive to fixing the issue".

Does this means that "hoping to resolve any remaining issues with the MIDI driver that Apple provides for the Axe-Fx II" is abandoned or that you have a couple of possible solutions to develop a workaround to the problem with the native OS drivers.

Thanks M@. All that you (and your team) do is greatly appreciated!
The updates are evident of your company "customer focus".
Keep up the awesome work.

Scrutinizer implemented a suggestion I had for amp groups on his tablet touchscreen editor: Sort amps by color/type & alpha within each color. No prefix required. Similar approach was used for cabs.
Black - boogie types
Purple - dumble types
Blue - fender types
green - unique
Yellow - Vox types
Orange - Marshall types
Red - High gain types

Now that FAS is also organizing by type & alpha, both editors can be on the same page. Good to see FAS working on this too. Looking forward to seeing the interface.

IMG_0340.PNG

Scrutinizer implemented a suggestion I had for amp groups on his tablet touchscreen editor: Sort amps by color/type & alpha within each color. No prefix required. Similar approach was used for cabs.
Black - boogie types
Purple - dumble types
Blue - fender types
green - unique
Yellow - Vox types
Orange - Marshall types
Red - High gain types

Now that FAS is also organizing by type & alpha, both editors can be on the same page. Good to see FAS working on this too. Looking forward to seeing the interface.

That is a cool use of color and ordering!

The FAS Brown is a fender?

The FAS models are all custom. In the Wiki, the FAS Lead 2 says, "Custom Fractal model. Hot-rodded British lead sound with a tonestack by the one and only Bob Bradshaw. Presumedly based on the Mesa Boogie Triaxis". But that doesn't make sense to me. A hot-rodded british lead sound modded by Bob Bradshaw sounds to me like a description of a modded Marshall, not a Mesa Triaxis, which is an american amp.

The FAS Brown is the original "BROWN" from the Ultra, so that should actually be a modded marshall. Perhaps he got confused with the original "BROWNFACE" model, which was a Fender amp.

The FAS Brown is the original "BROWN" from the Ultra, so that should actually be a modded marshall. Perhaps he got confused with the original "BROWNFACE" model, which was a Fender amp.
This is why it's good FAS is sorting amps, and once they finalize sort, the tablet editor can do the same. Scrutinizer has typically had a fully working editor out very quickly after each firmware release.

I've really enjoyed passing interface ideas to Scrutinizer and he's implemented a number of them.

IMO, a mouse/desktop editor and touchscreen/tablet editor are different animals, but they compliment each other very well.

Touchscreen editing is a thing of beauty with a narrow focus - fast, intuitive block editing.
Desktop editing is a wide-focus, full utility approach.
Each editor picks up where the other leaves off. I don't know why FAS hasn't embraced this yet, but they're complimentary products. It makes sense to have both under the FAS umbrella...

And...Scrutinizer just happens to be between jobs.
"My employer recently gave me an award for my part in getting one of 'my' ICs designed into a high-volume device made by some fruity cellphone maker. But I was working at a remote location and this office was eliminated during a ~20% across-the-board layoff."

Someone's going to snatch him up - might as well be Fractal.

Hello all,

Here's an update on Fractal-Bot from the dev team.

================================

All,

We're moving right along with Fractal-Bot, working to add the ability to RECEIVE and SAVE SysEx data from the Axe-Fx II and MFC-101.

On the Axe-Fx II, you will be able to backup individual presets, individual cabs, banks of presets, or system backups.
On the MFC-101, you will be able to backup the entire unit.

We're also fixing a few usability improvements.

We expect the new version to be finished and ready to release this month.
Thanks for the continued Fractal-Bot appreciation posts and emails.

In addition to this, we're also working on new, updated Axe-Fx II drivers with full Windows 8 support, and hoping to resolve any remaining issues with the MIDI driver that Apple provides for the Axe-Fx II.

New Driver?!?!?!? Awesome! Does this mean that WDM will FINALLY be supported?!?!?!?

I was wondering if the future AE will work with 9.02. I'm sticking with 9 but would like a working editor. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom