Developer Needed: Web Service/Back End Application

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Fractal Audio Systems has an exciting project opportunity for a qualified developer with sufficient skill and interest.

We need a software developer well versed with Web Servers and the use of RESTful and/or SOAP API calls. We'd also need the person to have an understanding of how to use server-side encryption libraries, tools and/or protocols. The project will be developed on a hosted Linux server so Linux knowledge is a must. Likely skills also include Bash and Python but could possibly be done with Ruby, GoLang or other languages. Knowledge of the Fractal Audio ecosystem is a big plus. In addition to direct compensation, there could be some nice perks, plus access to future opportunities.

If you're interested or have questions, please send me a private message here on the forum.

Last edited:
Java server side here (springboot, sql, REST, centos) but I won't go anywhere near UI :D (although I'm fiddling with flutter/dart)
if encryption (DES/AES) in java works for you (based on what the client side passes) and plain text base64 encoding for the request/response is acceptable, I could help :D

Solution architect with more than 20y experience in pretty hardcore systems.
If you are in Europe, you very likely used some of my stuffs

And I have my name in GNU/Emacs 😂

Deep love for golang as I run couple system for wild animals rehab center on a free tier...

If I can help I would love that ☺️
PM me if you want my LinkedIn 😂

@Admin M@ Is this project and role for a fixed length term (say, only 12 months), or could it potentially be an open ended role that could last for a few years?

Last edited:
@Admin M@ Is this project and role for a fixed length term

The project is finite in scope, with some possibilities of follow-on work. I don't have the details yet to know how long it will take. Someone who's very skilled and has the right work ethic could handle it as a side project.

Fullstack (mainly backend) engineer, 10+ years of overall commercial development experience.
Experienced at building highly reliable distributed systems and high performance low latency services. Built a couple of highload services such as RTB system and small social network (4M registered users) with minimal resources. Worked with data encoding/decoding and encryption/decryption during a couple of projects. Will be happy to help even if it will be something like a pet project :D.

#golang #nodejs #linux #docker #mongo #redis #cassandra #scylla #mq #rest #grpc

Oh man I'd love to build something for Fractal, but between my kids and my dayjob, I don't think I could swing it.

How can you not use vi or vim when it so intuitive? Emacs doesn't work right even on Apple hardware!!! I don't like meta keys I hate facebook. I just hit shift G and go to the bottom of my log files, lol. grep -risl "error" /var/log/. Isn't that all you guys use currently 😂 I apologize, I'm in such a weird mood, and shouldn't post. Everything dated today is tongue in cheek, I'm signing off for the day!

I too would like to add that vim is the superior editor, spaces > tabs, and ubuntu is the worst linux distro
with the exception of running a web server though, right? If not let's hear it, I hope you don't say CentOS is better, but I will accept it

with the exception of running a web server though, right? If not let's hear it, I hope you don't say CentOS is better, but I will accept it
Unfortunately AWS was a thing by the time I started working so I don't have too much experience spinning up a proper web server from scratch. The last time I did something remotely close, I was in college and used debian. At home I used to use Arch because I hate myself but lately I've just been using macOS because music

I develop on a mac, and do everything on a mac so understand the music (they are getting absurdly expensive like everything else). So many cool little dev tools and all the syncing w/phones and tablets just work. I am a big fan of AWS, don't get me wrong. I like Packer and would like to mess around with Dynamo...

Back
Top Bottom