Desk/workstation with rack mounting capability ideas?

KenH

Inspired
Looking to purchase some sort of desk workstation that has rack mount capabilities for the Axe III and other music equipment. Looking for ideas on what others here use.

Thanks,
Ken H

I hate everything- the cheap stuff isn't useful/practical- and the cool/decent/useful stuff is just insanely expensive.

I have an Omnirax Control 24 desk- it's probably worth more than the Control 24 itself

I really wish there was a reasonably priced 88 key option.

I've been contemplating for years having 2 desks in the studio- a big console and then a small one with it's own computer monitors, studio monitors and just a keyboard workstation for recording keys-

K&M makes a keyboard stand that you can put wheels on- but it's impossible to find and they've not helped me locate one to buy in the US- so I gave up on them.

While I'm offering no decent advice- I'd check local craigslist once a week for used studio furniture and desks- they pop up often enough and you can find the best value there

I just recently got a StudioDesk ProLine and I'm just starting to fill the racks. It has nice angling on the racks to make them accessible.

Looks like a really nice desk. Hard to tell from the pic, but do those have padded arm rests?

Yes, padded arm rests. It also has a slide out keyboard tray that I haven’t installed yet.

I think the Output Platform desk looks pretty nice, and reasonably priced compared to some of the insane prices I've seen on some studio desks.

https://output.com/products/platform

Looking on YouTube, there are a number of people that build their own in the style of a lot of the popular ones. Doing it right means a lot of time and tools though.

Whatever you get, I highly recommend you get one w/wheels on the desk. I just re-carpeted my studio room and was darn glad my desk had wheels on it, otherwise I would have to take it apart, as it was too heavy to move around.

After a year long process I finally ended up get the Output Platform desk (thanks spagthorpe) along with 2 sidecars they sell as well. Compared to the competitors chipboard desks for around the same price the Output was a no brainer. The only downside to the desk is that it seems to be too short for a lot of 88 keyboards - including my Roland Fantom 8 - I knew this before hand and not sure it would have held the weight of that keyboard anyway. Here are some pictures
IMG_3331.jpgIMG_3330.jpg
IMG_3329.jpg

I just recently got a StudioDesk ProLine and I'm just starting to fill the racks. It has nice angling on the racks to make them accessible.View attachment 65065
The desk is great, looks like it will be a hell of a workstation....but I wanna see the rest of that guitar, what is it? Kinda looks like one of those rare Peavey HP's.

Back
Top Bottom