Derp

It's funny but 6 years back I probably would have payed attention to this but now that I have an Axe I just don't care anymore... is that wrong? I mean it's a pricy amp that probably still sounds really good but I just dont have a huge desire to own a tube amp any longer.

Not a real wreck ---

Ken died in 2006 and the amp was built in 2010

Not only was this amp put together after Ken's death (big deal if the guy had access to "Ken's stash of parts") but it does not even have a name. Ken named his amps.

The magic with Ken (like dumble) was how he was able to voice the amps. End of story.

You are better off getting one of the top train cloners (and there are a couple) to build you one (until one comes on the market).

Buzz Levin at Lark Street Music (NJ) had a Rocket for sale which actually was the last amp Ken worked on before his death. He is someone you should check with if you are in the market for a real Wreck.

Last edited:
Wrecker in the Axe-fx II sounds pretty darn good to me already Cliff safe them beans and take a nice relaxing vacation you deserve it. :)

Cliff, what about both Trainwreck models in the Axe? Did you model them with a real one or you use shematics? I'm pretty sure few of us here actually ever played a real one. Do you own one yourself? Just curious because I enjoy both models, especialy since V10.

Cliff, what about both Trainwreck models in the Axe? Did you model them with a real one or you use shematics? I'm pretty sure few of us here actually ever played a real one. Do you own one yourself? Just curious because I enjoy both models, especialy since V10.

I allways had the ideia that cliff doesn't have a Trainwreck. I guess this thread could be proof of that.

Just rent one from Gene at Ultrasound for a lot less.

Along with many other cool amps he owns. Bruno Underground 30 would be cool.

+1 to both of the above

The idea of Cliff renting a few amps @ Ultrasound has been in my head for a long time - and the TW Express, the Bruno Underground 30 with reverb and tremolo and the Komet Concorde are the 3 amps that still haunts me from my visits to Ultrasound.

So Cliff, pretty please - with sugar on top - rent these 3 amps and model them.

Back
Top Bottom