Not a Bug 'Deluxe Tweed' and 'Deluxe Tweed Jumped' tone controls not working? FW4.01

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
The Bass, Mid, Presence, and Depth controls have no affect at all on both models?

The 'Bright Cap' parameter seams to be acting in an inversed manor.

Also when using the non-jumped model, the 'Normal Drive' control is still present in the hardware and the editor. And affect the tone, but also in an inversed manor?

There are acting in the same way on the Axe-Fx III 16.05

Typically when a modeled amp doesn't have one of the tone controls available in the Fractal world (which are numerous), They still can be used if desired. Including a bright switch/Bright Cap.

From that wiki link...
'The Bass and Mid controls are functional and recreate the amp when set to noon.'

I can't get even close to how it sounded before 'Cygnus' without those additional tone controls.

I see that the 'Cygnus' version has the dual Volume knobs, So that appears to be as intended. But not clear where to put it to recreate what we had before?

Typically when a modeled amp doesn't have one of the tone controls available in the Fractal world (which are numerous), They still can be used if desired. Including a bright switch/Bright Cap.

From that wiki link...
'The Bass and Mid controls are functional and recreate the amp when set to noon.'

I can't get even close to how it sounded before 'Cygnus' without those additional tone controls.

I see that the 'Cygnus' version has the dual Volume knobs, So that appears to be as intended. But not clear where to put it to recreate what we had before?
The extra knob turned to 0 should take its effect out of play....

The extra knob turned to 0 should take its effect out of play....
That's how it's always been. But they have no affect whether set to 0, 5, or 10?

I can select a different Tone Stack, and they work (which I will do if I have to?). Just find it odd that they don't with the default tone stack, so I assumed that it was a bug???

If this really isn't a bug, are there any other models that exhibit this new authentic behavior?

That's how it's always been. But they have no affect whether set to 0, 5, or 10?

I can select a different Tone Stack, and they work (which I will do if I have to?). Just find it odd that they don't with the default tone stack, so I assumed that it was a bug???

If this really isn't a bug, are there any other models that exhibit this new authentic behavior?
Not sure why the knobs on the ideal page have no effect. Cliff would have to answer that. But, the extra volume knob for the unused channel, when set to zero, should net the original sound of the old two knob model. The Tweed Deluxe (and Pro) were.put together with a somewhat unusual preamp circuit....

It used to be this way until some users complained about loud pops when engaging the bright switch while playing. Some amps have had some of the "ideal" parameters set to 'inactive'.

I really hope that this doesn't find it's way into every amp model that has 'Ideal' parameters that aren't in the 'Authentic' tab.

Is there a list of the ones that are already like this?

I really hope that this doesn't find it's way into every amp model that has 'Ideal' parameters that aren't in the 'Authentic' tab.

Is there a list of the ones that are already like this?
That would obviate the reason for having an Ideal tab, wunnit?

Not sure why this amp model has nonfunctional Ideal tab knobs, or which others also do....

Working like it always has would suffice for me. I understand if there was an unfixable issue with a loud pop when switching on the 'Bright' switch. But the tone controls too?

Still hoping that it's a bug? But I will move on, and spend extra hours trying to find work-arounds for each one that I encounter.......:mad::(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom