Deleting "All user cabs"

Hello everyone,
I am a new proud owner of fm9. Today, "playing around" with the utilities menu, i erased by accident the "All user cabs" option. I hadn't captured any cabs, but the option was there, and i erased it.
I have reloaded the presets, through the bot software, with the hope to restore the "All user cabs", but this didn't happen.

My questions:
1. How critical is what i did?
2. How can i restore the "All user cabs" , in order to achieve my fm9 day1 status?

Thank you in advance!

Ok then, so how can i restore the menu option?
I haven't captured any user IRs, but there is the "User IRs" menu option available. I would like to have the "User cabs" menu option available as well.

Ok then, so how can i restore the menu option?
I haven't captured any user IRs, but there is the "User IRs" menu option available. I would like to have the "User cabs" menu option available as well.
what menu option are you referring to?

Where are you looking? You used the front panel to erase the IRs, since Erase All User IRs is what the menu entry says. Even after doing that User appears in the Cab editor in the front panel when you select an IR to use.

In FM9-Edit, there is Tools > Manage Cabs, which we use normally when we want to select, add/remove/move IRs.

A "Cab" is the visualization of the amplifier's cabinet in the layout and is marked with "Cab" in the grid. The Cab block allows us to select and adjust parameters that are applied to the IR that represents the EQ curve of that particular speaker cabinet. The actual entry in the "User Cabs" area, whether it's viewed in the Cab Manager or front the front panel is still an IR.

You didn't break anything, there is no "User cabs" menu that disappeared. And, to test that, I just deleted all the cabs from my FM9, and now need to go reload them.

I used the front panel, yes. "User" still appears in the Cab editor (in the front panel), when i select an IR , it is empty (obvious).

There used to be 4 options in the utilities front panel menu (among them "All user cabs"). Now there are 3, among them All user IRs". But, anyway, it doesn't seem to be a problem, according to your answers.
Thank you all guys, for your time to answer, especially to Greg for his clear analytical explanation.

I used the front panel, yes. "User" still appears in the Cab editor (in the front panel), when i select an IR , it is empty (obvious).

There used to be 4 options in the utilities front panel menu (among them "All user cabs"). Now there are 3, among them All user IRs". But, anyway, it doesn't seem to be a problem, according to your answers.
Thank you all guys, for your time to answer, especially to Greg for his clear analytical explanation.
The setup menus don't change...

The Utilities: Reset menu has 3 options:

674411EE-7C9A-415E-AB2C-07A3EFFDE807.jpeg

This i my front panel's view right now. Before there was an option "Clear all user cabs" available. This option doesn't appear anymore. If there is a way to restore this option back, i would be glad to do so.

Attachments

• 1664736460183.jpg
    1664736460183.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 15
I dont know what you are looking for: the menu is correct and shows every items as they appear in the manual.

This i my front panel's view right now. Before there was an option "Clear all user cabs" available. This option doesn't appear anymore. If there is a way to restore this option back, i would be glad to do so.
You cannot erase a menu option. I don’t remember both a Clear IR and Clear Cab option there.

According to the manual above, in the utilities reset page, there is an option "Clear all user cabs". That is what i understand by reading the manual, and that was what i remember to see on the "Utilities Reset page" in the front panel.

"User IRs" and "User Cabs" would be redundant - both refer to IRs.

Did you by chance update the firmware? Possibly the names changed for the options, as what you have doesn't match the manual page I showed.

You aren't "missing" anything...

According to the manual above, in the utilities reset page, there is an option "Clear all user cabs". That is what i understand by reading the manual, and that was what i remember to see on the "Utilities Reset page" in the front panel.
As you can see, there are 3 options in the manual. You have 3 options on the hardware screen.

Cabs and IRs are the same thing in this context.

It’s possible older firmware called them cabs and newer firmware calls then IRs. IRs is the correct way to refer to them vs Cabs.

My display shows the same as yours on the latest firmware.

You did not delete a menu item. It’s all there. You cannot delete a menu item.

It is correct as is.

I didn't update the firmware, only the presets.

Anyway, all that you explain (about IRs) , makes sense .

It's good that i don't miss anything.

A big Thank you to all of you guys!!!

Back
Top Bottom