Delay recommendations

Lance Holland

Inspired
My main sound has a tube type mono delay (tape delay-ish) that's pretty simple. But, I have some songs where I need an ambient washy type of delay. For the sake of saving CPU, what would be a good delay block/type that would cover both needs?

I don’t think this is going to help you…

But I use stereotape delay as my main delay (with a foot controller to increase mix and repeats).

For washy, I love the Plex delays.

I will often have both in my patch and bring in the Plex for leads.

The Multitap (Multi) Delay type might be worth exploring, you could use it in place of a Delay block. Great for ambient delays but can also be configured as a standard delay by limiting the number of delays you use within the block type. The 'Tape' delay types in the Multitap delay block are pretty good.

The Multitap (Multi) Delay type might be worth exploring, you could use it in place of a Delay block. Great for ambient delays but can also be configured as a standard delay by limiting the number of delays you use within the block type. The 'Tape' delay types in the Multitap delay block are pretty good.

That sounds very promising. I haven't messed with that type of block yet.

The Stereo Memory Man can be really great! That delay sits nicely under your playing, and works well with modulation.

Agree that the multitap and Aurora and Memory Man are great, but for wash, I'm all about the Plex delays. Great stuff. Most of my presets have one available.

Well....kind of a bummer. One Multi uses a tad more CPU than a Delay block and Plex combined

In order to avoid a sudden hault during live by virtue of running out of cpu power,
my Meris LVX is being connected between OUT3 and IN3 loop. It does really work.

I have the Plex Delay block in all my presets for washy Ambient and Swellingb stuff, in addition to a normal delay. The Plex Delay and the Plex Verb types within that block are awesome if you are looking to get into that Strymon type stuff.

I have the Plex Delay block in all my presets for washy Ambient and Swellingb stuff, in addition to a normal delay. The Plex Delay and the Plex Verb types within that block are awesome if you are looking to get into that Strymon type stuff.
I love the plex thing too but they use a lot of CPU.

Try turning up the Diffusion parameter in the Delay block. It makes the repeats spread out like reverb.

Back
Top Bottom