delay oscillation question

kloppsta

hi ya, new to the board and to the axe fx so please excuse my ignorance! :)

i am seriously considering buying an axe fx 2, but to do so i would have to sell off a bunch of my gear to fund the purchase. i am looking for something new and an "all in one" solution for my amp and fx sounds.

what am wondering is can the axe fx 2 be tweaked live "on the fly" like you would do with a stomp box? for example i have a strymon el capistan and an mxr carbon copy which are awesome sounding delay pedals. i have a couple of parts in some of my songs where max out the regeneration and delay on the pedals and then sweep knob the delay quickly back and forth so i can get crazy oscillating madness! huge swells and dips and beeps and dives and siren noises! :) is this same sort of "hands on" live tweakability possible with the axe fx 2? if i was playing a patch that i had created which was say a high gain lead sound with a tape echo delay in the fx loop.....how could i just walk up to the axe fx and instantly start tweaking the "regeneration" parameter for the delay? would i need to go into a menu and sub-menu etc. and get into the settings of the delay, then select parameter and only then be able to start tweaking?

i hope that makes sense!!

your advice is greatly appreciated!

I realize this is old but I'm trying to do this exact thing. Except with expression pedals. Any advice? I tried last night and failed.

You can set the motor speed, delay time, and/or the master feedback to one of the Manual knobs or you could assign them to a expression pedal.

You will want to limit the min/max to values a analog or tape device would use.

Back
Top Bottom