Delay or Tremolo used on this sound?

It's tremolo. Use the tremolo block on with the LFO type set to square and full depth. Sounds like there's some chorus or something as well before the tremolo. It also sounds like the tremolo is placed after the reverb, witch is unusual.

Stereo Trem Delay + Tremolo as you described works quite well, but sound of harmonics is very specific in this video ...?

That tremolo has an attack & release of ~20 ms, so a square type Tremolo/Panner block is going to sound a little too abrupt. The pan/trem block does apply some unavoidable exponential damping that makes ultra-choppy trem sounds with ramps in the 0-10 ms range impossible, but that's a separate problem.

Try a vol/pan block, linear taper, LFO as volume modifier with damping = linear, attack & release around 20 ms, update rate* = fast. In the Controllers menu set that LFO's type to square, depth = 100%, adjust rate or choose a tempo/note value.

*Update rate = medium might also work well enough. "Slow" does something funny to the attack & release curves, which I think might be related to the LFO high cut filter still being applied when set to the maximum of 50 Hz, so you can't actually get a controller where the instantaneous value is only 0 or 100. Quantize = 2 doesn't help as the high cut is applied to the result after any quantizing.

That tremolo has an attack & release of ~20 ms, so a square type Tremolo/Panner block is going to sound a little too abrupt. The pan/trem block does apply some unavoidable exponential damping that makes ultra-choppy trem sounds with ramps in the 0-10 ms range impossible, but that's a separate problem.

Try a vol/pan block, linear taper, LFO as volume modifier with damping = linear, attack & release around 20 ms, update rate* = fast. In the Controllers menu set that LFO's type to square, depth = 100%, adjust rate or choose a tempo/note value.

*Update rate = medium might also work well enough. "Slow" does something funny to the attack & release curves, which I think might be related to the LFO high cut filter still being applied when set to the maximum of 50 Hz, so you can't actually get a controller where the instantaneous value is only 0 or 100. Quantize = 2 doesn't help as the high cut is applied to the result after any quantizing.
works excelently, thanks so much!

Square tremolo. I wish the tremolo block had a threshold trigger. So that it starts running at the exact beginning of the cycle the moment you pick a note. Otherwise it's very hard or even impossible to sync the tremolo to a fixed BPM. Same goes for the arpeggiator or sequencer.

Square tremolo. I wish the tremolo block had a threshold trigger. So that it starts running at the exact beginning of the cycle the moment you pick a note. Otherwise it's very hard or even impossible to sync the tremolo to a fixed BPM. Same goes for the arpeggiator or sequencer.
According to the Blocks Guide, the Tremolo has a Trigger Threshold setting.

Assign the Envelope or ADSR to the Run switch on the Sequencer or Arpeggiator.

Ok that must be something that has been added on the Axe fx III then? I am on Axe fx II.
There's a "start phase" parameter on the II & III that starts the LFO from a certain point when the block is engaged. So, you can use a bypass modifier to do that with the envelope controller or (better IMO) an ADSR that quickly stops and restarts the LFO. With the ADSR the tremolo won't stop just because your signal fell below some level, and you can use a higher threshold to selectively retrigger it by playing hard enough, instead of having to rest briefly and resume playing to ensure it restarts. The III's trigger threshold parameter works like the envelope approach, so I just posted a wish about that.

There's a "start phase" parameter on the II & III that starts the LFO from a certain point when the block is engaged. So, you can use a bypass modifier to do that with the envelope controller or (better IMO) an ADSR that quickly stops and restarts the LFO. With the ADSR the tremolo won't stop just because your signal fell below some level, and you can use a higher threshold to selectively retrigger it by playing hard enough, instead of having to rest briefly and resume playing to ensure it restarts. The III's trigger threshold parameter works like the envelope approach, so I just posted a wish about that.

Ok great. Thanks. I will have a look.

Back
Top Bottom