Delay [or any block] Channel Sticky Across Scenes

CodePoet

Fractal Fanatic
I have a Delay block with different types of delays on channels A&B. I'd like the ability to select one or the other delay channels and persist that channel setting for the delay block for all the scenes in the preset. Is this possible the way things are today or do we need some new functionality? I know there have been requests to be able to set the channel via a CS and set that CS to "Last" in the CS per Scene page or alternately a way to specify a block to ignore the scene change.

Just so I am understanding (and in case others are also wondering), are you wanting to do this on the fly, choosing one delay channel and automatically have all of the scenes in one preset take on that delay?

Yes, for on-the-fly use. I want to decide in the moment to use either a set 500/375ms stereo delay or a quarter-note delay and they're on channels A&B respectively. So I'd like to persist that delay channel across all scenes. Just wondering if it can be done with one delay block without using 2 separate delay blocks, different presets, etc.

I was pretty sure that’s what You meant, but it’s getting late. Lol. And without using axe-edit or making changes via editing, right?

Currently there's no way to avoid having the scene determine every block's channel.

If you don't need to change many delay aspects other than time, you could try this preset with ratio & tempo modifiers to switch from 500/375 ms to a quarter note without changing channels. (Created on Axe II, "tempo" modifier added with FracPad, converted to III format with FracTool)

Modifier source is External 1 here, so adjust as needed. It should be possible to edit the tempo modifier from Axe-Edit's controllers menu.

Attachments

• Delay ratio & tempo mod(AxeFx III).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
If you don't need to change many delay aspects other than time, you could try this preset with ratio & tempo modifiers to switch from 500/375 ms to a quarter note without changing channels. (Created on Axe II, "tempo" modifier added with FracPad, converted to III format with FracTool)

Modifier source is External 1 here, so adjust as needed. It should be possible to edit the tempo modifier from Axe-Edit's controllers menu.

Bakerman - thanks! I'll check it out.

You could also use another instance of the delay block, and use modifiers (CS's) if you need the state to stay the same across scenes.
Yes, for sure, and thanks for the reply. Just wondering if it could be done with a single block.

This has been wished for many times by quite a few folks. I still don't know why it hasn't been implemented. Only Cliff knows.

Back
Top Bottom