Delay issue

josephyballew

Inspired
I made a program with a dual delay with the mix wide open. I do this for separation of a double sound and set the left side to 1ms and the right to 60ms. This gives me the original sound on the left and the delayed side on the right with a better sound on a doubled sound. The problem is when I bypass the delay, I have no sound because the mix stays at 100 percent. The unit should bypass this block and the settings of the mix when not engaged. Doubled sounds in mono are muddy compared to doing it this way. This is a very clean double with one sound on the left and the other on the right.

I made a program with a dual delay with the mix wide open. I do this for separation of a double sound and set the left side to 1ms and the right to 60ms. This gives me the original sound on the left and the delayed side on the right with a better sound on a doubled sound. The problem is when I bypass the delay, I have no sound because the mix stays at 100 percent. The unit should bypass this block and the settings of the mix when not engaged. Doubled sounds in mono are muddy compared to doing it this way. This is a very clean double with one sound on the left and the other on the right.
What is the bypass Type for that block? Try 'Thru', or 'Mute Fx In' if there are any tails that you want to continue after bypassing.

experiment with the different Bypass modes. one of them (i think thru?) should "ignore" the mix setting when the block is bypassed.

or as mentioned you could change channels instead.

Back
Top Bottom