Delay in switching scenes - tips?

Conley Shepherd

Experienced
I have several patches I use for my show setup. Basically 4 patches with various scenes.

When I switch my main scene to a lead scene and back, there is a significant delay going each way. Also when switching to a scene with an atmospheric patch, I would like to have the patch continue til it fades out after switching scenes.

I have been out of the state this week and have a show tonight. Not much time to see if I can remedy any of this. Also going to put a wah in the mix as well. :)

Already ran my battery out last night for the wireless so that won't happen tonight. LOL

Any tips/suggestions? (attaching the main patch)

Attachments

• Broken Glass wLead.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
and spillover is set to both - this used to work. Not sure why it is broke or set different now.
edit - set the spillover to mute in :) got it now! - well crap, that shuts off ALL of the signal... MUTE FX IN works...

Last edited:
Is cpu over 90% and are you hooked up to a computer? Both are killers.

For spillover between scenes, use the Mute In or Mute FX In bypass modes for the related blocks (delay, reverb, multi-delay, etc.). This allows the delay lines in those blocks to continue to decay after the blocks are bypassed. Keep in mind though, that if you change channels on the delay or reverb blocks, the spillover will not be seamless if the settings in the next channel are very different. For example, if you have a long delay with lots of feedback in channel A and you switch to channel B for a short delay with little feedback, your long delay's decay will be cut short by the new short delay time used in channel B. If you need to switch between short and long delays on the fly, use two separate delay blocks and switch between them.

Last edited:
Thank you - got that settled now and noted!

Now to get the swapping scenes - posted the patch in the first post. May be that the channels could be playing an issue here too as well?

Is cpu over 90% and are you hooked up to a computer? Both are killers.
nope, 63% and steady...

Just got the wah hooked up and all models are super scratchy. I calibrated the controller - using an ME black pedal SP1 Wah is before amp and the rest of the chain in the patch.

In regard to the lag between scenes, that's from switching amp channels, and in one case your cab channel. I've noticed that some specific switches in amp channel can have more or less of a delay, but it's always there.

Not what you mean by models being super scratchy; are you talking about the wah in particular?

In regard to the lag between scenes, that's from switching amp channels, and in one case your cab channel. I've noticed that some specific switches in amp channel can have more or less of a delay, but it's always there.

Not what you mean by models being super scratchy; are you talking about the wah in particular?
yeah, created a separate thread for that one - both SP-1 controllers are scratchy, they are barely used at all and only played out 5x with them.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/super-scratchy-wah-dirty-and-clean-recording-attached.165823/

just need some help with this one to add a lead that doesn't make the scene change burp....

You have two choices if you want to avoid the audio gap:

1) Use 2 amp blocks. Switching scenes turns one off and the other on. There are variations on this, for example using a mixer block to do the switching.
2) Use another block, for example a drive block front of the amp block, that gets turned on in your lead scene to change the tone. There are variations on this, for example using a scene controller to activate a boost in the amp block.

Back
Top Bottom