Define bargain!

ruvann

Inspired
Hey there

I just wanted to share this.
I struck MASSIVE bargain!

I bought a Line6 Variax 700 with the gig bag, a PRS SE Singlecut with the gig bag, a SE2200a condenser mic this weekend, and I'm buying a Ibanez SR5000e Prestige today with a hard case.
Price?
NOTE: These prices are just direct conversions on the current exchange rate of about, R7.62 = 1 USD
This is the best part.
All the equipment is BRAND NEW
The Line 6 Variax 700 cost me R3500 (ZAR) = $459 (USD)... They normally retail here for about R22000 = $2888
The PRS i also got for the same price as the variax!
The SE 2200A i got for R2000 = $262... they normally cost about R4800 = $630
And I'm getting the Ibanez bass for R4990 = $655... They also cost about the same as the Variax here.

I only have to change the strings, that's all.
Some guy wanted to start up a studio and it failed before it started so then he just started selling everything!
Everything is brand new and working! :eek: I couldn't believe it at first, so i drove 2 hours to the guys house and jammed on the guitars, checked everything out and made sure it was real! hehe

I even took off that wrapping the guitar usually comes! The mic was still sealed inside the packaging!
This was a HUGE blessing from above and nothing else!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm super thankful!!!

These are my babies.
[attachment=0:j7mb3uzy]Guitars.jpg[/attachment:j7mb3uzy]

Cheers cheers.

Attachments

• Guitars.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 225
@ Ruvann : I have some friends from SA and they tell me you can find very cheap used gear here. usually from folks having their dad buying hi end instruments for them, and finding that they actually have to learn to play :mrgreen: but it's probably the case in many countries

Congrats ruvann!

(And those World Cup comments need a proper good thread in the Lounge to not hijack ruvann's thread... And because I sooo want to comment).

Sorry Ruvann, though that if I changed the subject a new thread was created, but no way.

Maybe some moderator can move the Football part from here...

Btw, nice PRS and nice price !

nice score!
might be might favorite Variax 700 color scheme, if only because I don't have that one yet and already have the red and gold! :D

hehe i don't watch any sports ;)
i barely watch tv...
only movies and series stuff hehe :)

fremen said:
@ Ruvann : I have some friends from SA and they tell me you can find very cheap used gear here. usually from folks having their dad buying hi end instruments for them, and finding that they actually have to learn to play :mrgreen: but it's probably the case in many countries

yeah that does happen. sometimes i actually get pissed when i hear some guy's daddy bought him a gibson les paul or something and you just know he's not even play guitar for a month. hehe

charles5150 said:
Sorry Ruvann, though that if I changed the subject a new thread was created, but no way.

Maybe some moderator can move the Football part from here...

Btw, nice PRS and nice price !

I phoned a music shop and asked an opinion on the PRS SE Singlecut... The guy didn't like it all and suggested i don't buy it...
hehe luckily i didn't listen to him :D
Yeah it a cheaper PRS but i'm really loving it! The sound is great through the AFX.
I'll probably invest in pickups later.
But how can a person say no to a new PRS SE Singlecut costing just a little more than some new pickups hehe :D

godprobe said:
nice score!
might be might favorite Variax 700 color scheme, if only because I don't have that one yet and already have the red and gold! :D

hehe my friends hate the look of the variax hehe but i really don't think it looks horrible...
I think it looks kinda cool actually.
It's an eye catcher! Everybody notices it and freaks out when they see it cause it doesn't have pickups on the body haha :lol:

I transferred the money to they guy's account yesterday for the Ibanez bass. Can't wait to try it out through the AFX.
I'm recording a friends band and we plugged the bass guitar into Axe-FX "ULTRA" and the bassists could absolutely not stop talking about how it all of a sudden sounds as if he can play bass guitar.
He keeps going on about how HE is suddenly sounding like an "ULTRA" bassist
And the bass tracks is sounding "ULTRA"
and people are gonna think that he can play "ULTRA" good
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I went home just now and put up 6 guitar wall hangers.
It looks so AWESOME wit all the guitars hang from the wall :)
There's an open spot just waiting to be filled with the Ibanez bass :D

I'll take some photos when i get the bass and all the spots are filled :)

Back
Top Bottom