defective/torn screen

dschaaf

Experienced
Hi all,

I just picked up a very lightly used AX8 (never gigged and probably less than 20 hours home use...also less than 1 yr old) and didn't notice until I fired up at home that the LCD screen appears to be defective/torn inside at the top of the display (see pics).

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions? I know it is not normal as I have an Axe FX II, FX8 and previously owned another AX8.

Thanks,
Derek

Attachments

• display ax8.jpg
    display ax8.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 79
I haven't seen that on the three Fractal Product I have owned. It's still under the protective glass/plastic, right? If so, I would think it would only be cosmetic.

Thanks for the response. Yes it is still under the plastic hard cover which still had the thin plastic screen protector film on it which I just took off to take the photo. Yes, I am sure it is just cosmetic but it is a bit bothersome to me....I'm a bit OCD that way...lol :)

Last edited:
Actually I should have taken a close look at the two units I still have before replying. I might not even notice that. ;-)

does anyone know if this is a part (the LCD screen) that can be ordered from Fractal and I can replace myself?

Thanks,
D

does anyone know if this is a part (the LCD screen) that can be ordered from Fractal and I can replace myself?

Thanks,
D

Before you order one, why don't you open it up and see if part of the display has become unseated somehow and if you can re-seat it. If not, I believe you can order parts though.

excellent suggestion...thanks! Yes I was going to ask that, am I ok to just undo the six screws the hold the display and encoders and gain access that way?

Thanks,
D

Back
Top Bottom