Default Screen

dking

Last night during a gig I went to change the Out 1 Volume on the FM9 and accidentally hit the Value Knob and changed the Preset (which with my luck was on a scene with an overly distorted sound that squealed a bit). I was able to get it back by Turing the Value Knob and trying to find the correct preset, it took me about 10 seconds.

Is there a way to have the FM9 Default to the Perform - PP when it boots up? I know it's a one button press to get there, but I forgot to do it last night and the performance problem occurred. I couldn't find it in the manual and thought I'd ask here.

Thanks

Last night during a gig I went to change the Out 1 Volume on the FM9 and accidentally hit the Value Knob and changed the Preset (which with my luck was on a scene with an overly distorted sound that squealed a bit). I was able to get it back by Turing the Value Knob and trying to find the correct preset, it took me about 10 seconds.

Is there a way to have the FM9 Default to the Perform - PP when it boots up? I know it's a one button press to get there, but I forgot to do it last night and the performance problem occurred. I couldn't find it in the manual and thought I'd ask here.

Thanks
IIRC, it's located in FM9-Edit's FC Edit > Devices, where you can select whatever layout you'd like to display on startup layout. Mine is set to layout 1, presets. You could select layout 7, Perform if using the OFM9G factory layouts. What will display is current layout, startup layout, and current view. By selecting startup layout and making it layout 7 (Perform), your startup layout will display correctly.

Last edited:
Thanks, there is a Startup Layout with about 9 choices. That seems to change the switches display/meanings. Then there is Start-up view with 2 choices which also appeared to change switches. I'm interested in changing the main large screen to Perform-PP so that accidentally hitting the Value won't change to another preset.

IIRC, it's located in FM9-Edit's FC Edit > Devices, where you can select whatever layout you'd like to display on startup layout. Mine is set to layout 1, presets. You could select layout 7, Perform if using the OFM9G factory layouts. What will display is current layout, startup layout, and current view. By selecting startup layout and making it layout 7 (Perform), your startup layout will display correctly.
He's asking about the main display not the layout...

If you use the Zoom Mode of the main display then the big encoder knob won't change presets... It might change scenes, I can't recall for sure.

From the main screen, turn the B knob to go into or out of Zoom mode.

Thanks, there is a Startup Layout with about 9 choices. That seems to change the switches display/meanings. Then there is Start-up view with 2 choices which also appeared to change switches. I'm interested in changing the main large screen to Perform-PP so that accidentally hitting the Value won't change to another preset.
I still think this can be done with FC Edit > Devices > Startup Layout > Select Layout used for Perform-PP. This will negate the need to do anything on the fly while at a gig.

The layouts occur in numeric form, 1 through 9, but may mean a variety of things, based on which FM9 configuration is set up on your device: Presets, Scenes, More Scenes, Effects, More Effects, Looper, Perform, Songs/Setlist, MsterLyOut (Master Layout).

Only requirement is knowing what layout represents Perform-PP, and set that as startup layout in FC-Edit > Devices.

The problem is, when an error occurs at a gig and you don't know what to do; it's not going to help you then. That's why I suggested setting up your FM9 while you can work with it at home, before you head out to the gig.

Last edited:
I still think this can be done with FC Edit > Devices > Startup Layout > Select Layout used for Perform-PP. This will negate the need to do anything on the fly while at a gig.

The layouts occur in numeric form, 1 through 9, but may mean a variety of things, based on which FM9 configuration is set up on your device: Presets, Scenes, More Scenes, Effects, More Effects, Looper, Perform, Songs/Setlist, MsterLyOut (Master Layout).

Only requirement is knowing what layout represents Perform-PP, and set that as startup layout in FC-Edit > Devices.

The problem is, when an error occurs at a gig and you don't know what to do; it's not going to help you then. That's why I suggested setting up your FM9 while you can work with it at home, before you head out to the gig.
You're missing the point.

He isn't asking about the Per Preset Layout.

He wants the Per Preset Performance Page on the main display.

That gives him real-time access to parameters on the A-E knobs. The Layout is for selecting things or turning things off and on.

Completely different use cases...

If you use the Zoom Mode of the main display then the big encoder knob won't change presets... It might change scenes, I can't recall for sure.

From the main screen, turn the B knob to go into or out of Zoom mode.
This I did not know, and I tried it and wow, am I a happy boy as I may not have to wear glasses to see what preset I’m on lol. I did a search in the manual on the word zoom and this trick never came up. I wonder why. Do you know if this is something that you have to do every time you fire up the FM9 or is it set it and forget it? And if not, wouldn’t be a great thing to have in the setup configuration page where the main screen is set to zoom should you wish? I’m a +1 for that! One less thing I have to have my GuitarTech think about when setting up for me prior to the show hehe.

This I did not know, and I tried it and wow, am I a happy boy as I may not have to wear glasses to see what preset I’m on lol. I did a search in the manual on the word zoom and this trick never came up. I wonder why. Do you know if this is something that you have to do every time you fire up the FM9 or is it set it and forget it? And if not, wouldn’t be a great thing to have in the setup configuration page where the main screen is set to zoom should you wish? I’m a +1 for that! One less thing I have to have my GuitarTech think about when setting up for me prior to the show hehe.
Nope, it's a persistent setting.

The most recent manual is about 18 months old. I think it hasn't been updated since that feature was added.

I have a feeling @Admin M@ may have manual updates in the works now that all the devices are close to parity with the recent firmwares.

Nope, it's a persistent setting.

The most recent manual is about 18 months old. I think it hasn't been updated since that feature was added.

I have a feeling @Admin M@ may have manual updates in the works now that all the devices are close to parity with the recent firmwares.
Thank for the info. I guess I will add it to the wish list ha!

Back
Top Bottom