Wish Default Footswitch Layout Per Preset

jtaylor14

I think it could be handy to have a default footswitch layout per preset.

Ex.
Preset 399 has clean/crunch/lead scenes.
When I choose preset 399, the three footswitches default to Scene Mode.

I have a preset 400 that is crunch Marshall, but in one song where i use it I have to switch to a separate preset 401 that is a Synth patch, because CPU limitations won't allow me to have the synth be Scene 2. So, when I choose Preset 400, it would be convenient to have the footswitch layout be Presets Mode.

I have a multi-purpose patch, say preset 410, that has good clean/crunch/lead scenes, but because there are other effects in the chain that aren't necessarily used in one of the first three scenes, it would be easier if I could pick the three effects, ex. Drive/Delay/Filter (boost). So if I picked Preset 410, it's footswitch view would default to Effects Mode and I would define which effects I wanted to be the three I could toggle.

Now, I know most if not all of this can be done with per-preset footswitch layouts, which I have done to work around this, just wondering if default footswtich layout per preset could reduce some of the configuring behind the scenes that I had to do. I'm trying to reduce setup time for presets and also don't want to have too many presets for good housekeeping.

Anyway, just a thought....
Thanks for your consideration!
JT

Another possible 'work-around' would be to use the 'Layout Links' feature.
  • Switch #1 in your Presets Layout takes you to your Scene Layout when the preset is selected.
  • Switch #2 in your Presets Layout takes you to a special Presets Layout (with no Layout Links) when the preset is selected.
  • Switch #3 in your Presets Layout takes you to your Effects Layout when the preset is selected.
Then just arrange your presets so that they land on the correct switch in each bank.

You could also do a variation of this with 'Views' depending on your Bank size and how your 'Preset Layout' is setup.
  • Any preset in 'View' 1 takes you to your 'Scene' Layout when the preset is selected.
  • Any preset in 'View' 2 has no 'Layout Links', so you stay in that 'view and have access to those three presets.
  • Any preset in 'View' 3 takes you to your 'Effects' Layout when the preset is selected.
  • Any preset in 'View' 4 takes you to your 'Per-Preset' Layout when the preset is selected.

Last edited:
I'll have to try these suggestions out, but ultimately it seems like I'm pressing footswitches to arrive at what I'm after, rather than having a default layout/view per preset. The reason I'm asking for this is because I use Bandhelper and Midi over bluetooth for gigs. I'm in the app, hit a song, and it changes to whatever preset I have defined for the song. If it landed on the preset and had the footswitch layout/view automatically based on the preset (Presets, Scenes, Effects, etc.), there's no toe tapping.

Another approach using Layout Links would be to take advantage of Hold functions. This kind of assumes you're using stand-in switches to switch layouts and views so we can change the switch Hold functions from the factory defaults.

Tap SW1-3 changes presets and layout links to Scenes
Hold SW1-3 changes presets the same as Tap but the layout link takes you to either your special preset layout or the per-preset placeholder layout

Is this Wish still un-implemented?

Love to be able to pre-assign a layout for each Preset, without having to push anything.

+1

Just to clarify here, not looking for 100 different layouts. Just a way to permanently assign the 8 ones we do have to particular presets.

Back
Top Bottom