default cabinets for each amp

overture1922

Inspired
Hello

I´m new to the Fractal world. I like to create patches from scratch and I would like to know how can I find the default cabinets for each amp (if such thing exists). Thank you in advance.

A good way to figure out what kind of cab to use is to go to the speaker impedence curve parameter in the amp block and try and find an IR that corresponds to it. So for example, the FAS Modern I's stock SIC is a 4x12 Rectifier Cab with V30s, so you can go to the cab block and quickly go to the Recto cabs and choose an IR that you like. After a while though, you will realise that you gravitate towards a handful (if not one or two) IRs and you'll probably stick to those across presets.

Of course don't let this stop you from changing the SIC; it's one of the most powerful ways to change the feel and overall tone of an amp without necessarily changing IRs.

A good way to figure out what kind of cab to use is to go to the speaker impedence curve parameter in the amp block and try and find an IR that corresponds to it. So for example, the FAS Modern I's stock SIC is a 4x12 Rectifier Cab with V30s, so you can go to the cab block and quickly go to the Recto cabs and choose an IR that you like. After a while though, you will realise that you gravitate towards a handful (if not one or two) IRs and you'll probably stick to those across presets.
great tip! I didn´t even realized that there was this option!

Of course don't let this stop you from changing the SIC; it's one of the most powerful ways to change the feel and overall tone of an amp without necessarily changing IRs.
With some amps you can´t, for example this Friedman amp has 4x12 Friedman speaker imp. curve, but there is not a Friedman cab to select.

1665915760969.png

With some amps you can´t, for example this Friedman amp has 4x12 Friedman speaker imp. curve, but there is not a Friedman cab to select.
That's what aftermarket IRs are for ;) That being said, a Friedman 4x12 has a pair of greenbacks and a pair of V30s, so depending on what sound you are going for, you can either choose a greenback IR or a V30 IR or blend both of them.

Of course, the SIC is not the be-all and end-all of choosing IRs. It's only a place to start from.

Back
Top Bottom