Default Amp setting/best soundind setting

cellopet

Inspired
Hi Guys,
is there a way to have the best soundind setting for every ampo when i switch trought the amp models? For example a MV type amp ( JCM) must be with master volume crancked up, instead a Mesa type must have the Gain level up and the MV down...Is there a way to load the best setting when i load a new amp type in a preset?
Thanks
Cello

fw 10 will have "preset" Master Volume settings. for MV amps and NMV amps. with everything else you'll have to use your ears like you would with a real amp.

I know i have to use my ears, but starting with a good setting, you'll save a lot of time, or not? :)

fw 10 will have "preset" Master Volume settings. for MV amps and NMV amps. with everything else you'll have to use your ears like you would with a real amp.

I've been pretty impressed with the stock preset settings that highlight each amp. Try turning off some of the effects in the preset to get the "true" sound of the amp/cab settings as FAS thinks they should be to sound the best to them. So far so good for me.

Hi Guys,
is there a way to have the best soundind setting for every ampo when i switch trought the amp models? For example a MV type amp ( JCM) must be with master volume crancked up, instead a Mesa type must have the Gain level up and the MV down...Is there a way to load the best setting when i load a new amp type in a preset?
Thanks
Cello

You use the word MUST often here yet all is subjective. The setting that are right for your playing and gear are different than anyone else. There is no best setting that is universal.

I know i have to use my ears, but starting with a good setting, you'll save a lot of time, or not? :)
what is a "good setting" to one person may not work for the next at all. having the "right" or "ideal" Master setting should be a good starting point for users not too familiar with the real amps. for any of the other controls I'd start at 12 o'clock and dial from there...

Yes it's right.
I was just asking for example: ifyou change amp in a single preset,you can load a new amp type with a "default" setting, without manteining the setting of the "old" amp? That's my question, i know that everyone has a different approach and so on...but every amp as a "better" sounding setting ( for example Marshall with MV crancked up)...
I've been pretty impressed with the stock preset settings that highlight each amp. Try turning off some of the effects in the preset to get the "true" sound of the amp/cab settings as FAS thinks they should be to sound the best to them. So far so good for me.

but every amp as a "better" sounding setting ( for example Marshall with MV crancked up)...
and that's why I said that this is going to be incorporated in firmware 10. all models will by default have an "ideal" Master setting. we're currently beta testing fw10 and until it's released you'll still have to dial in your ideal Master setting by ear or use the Wiki for some good starting points.

To audition the master settIngs, here is what I do.

1. Start with just an amp -> cab.
2. Keep drive low-ish.
3. Use the Amp block level to get the overall SPL level around 90db C weighted.
4. Turn the master low, listen, adjust the overall SPL level if it got too quiet to hear clearly.
5. Crank the master, listen. Take it slowly so you don't accidentally over crank the SPL level.

If you can get close to gig volume, you can really hear what the master does to the tone, before you apply any drive effects.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom