Def Leppard Tone

This is great! My new Def Leppard patch. with all the changes in the firmware lately my other one started sounding off. This one is great. I used Leon Todds LT TV Mix7 on the left cab and the factory 2 1022 cab on the right (Greenback).

Thanks! Sounds great to my ears.

I am working on a Def Leppard tone, and I think I'm getting pretty close. I just wanted to post it and see what everyone's thoughts were - any advice on how to make it even better?

Note: I am using York Audio M25 IRs. If you don't have them, just choose your favorite greenback cabs for mid-gain marshall tones.
This should help you.

I've been reading through the posts here and on the other threads as well. I've only had the Axe FX III for a few weeks now and I'm totally loving it. Here is my attempt at dialing in the tone for "Gods of War"....and anything else on the album.

I've been reading through the posts here and on the other threads as well. I've only had the Axe FX III for a few weeks now and I'm totally loving it. Here is my attempt at dialing in the tone for "Gods of War"....and anything else on the album.

Nice! Preset or tips? Thanks!

Thanks!! I'd be happy to post the preset once I'm done tweaking it. It has a clean, crunch and this lead channel that you heard. Trying to get the "Hysteria" thing down. I'm using the JMPre-1 OD2 here. The cabs are a mix of Leon Todd's "TV Mix 7" and one of the stock Fractal cabs panned left and right. I think I'm using the Colosseum reverb at around 45% mix. (I'm trying go off of my memory here). lol.

Thanks!! I'd be happy to post the preset once I'm done tweaking it. It has a clean, crunch and this lead channel that you heard. Trying to get the "Hysteria" thing down. I'm using the JMPre-1 OD2 here. The cabs are a mix of Leon Todd's "TV Mix 7" and one of the stock Fractal cabs panned left and right. I think I'm using the Colosseum reverb at around 45% mix. (I'm trying go off of my memory here). lol.
VERY NICE! I can't wait for the preset :) quick question: what chorus did you use and where did you put it on the chain?

Reactions: mtb
VERY NICE! I can't wait for the preset :) quick question: what chorus did you use and where did you put it on the chain?
Thanks!!! I know the first part of your question...the chorus block is right after my cab block, and before my delay and reverb. Which model it is...I will have to report back to you. It might be the stereo chorus or the triangle....but I'll confirm asap.

Thanks!!! I know the first part of your question...the chorus block is right after my cab block, and before my delay and reverb. Which model it is...I will have to report back to you. It might be the stereo chorus or the triangle....but I'll confirm asap.
luv to get that preset - sounds great :)

I'll put it up tonight, as long as everyone is cool with it's "WIP" state. ;) I'll have to specify the cabs I used too, right? I'm brand new here....
Sounds awesome much appreciated - wip is totally fine - cabs used would be good - but most have favorite irs they use :) welcome aboard

Nice! Preset or tips? Thanks!
Sounds awesome much appreciated - wip is totally fine - cabs used would be good - but most have favorite irs they use :) welcome aboard

Here is the preset link. I fattened it up a little bit tonight...after A/B'ing again with the recorded tone. Please share feedback. :) This is my first attempt at creating anything. I use 8" studio monitors only so that is my reference.

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9947

Cab/IR choice for crunch and lead in scene 2 and 3:

Cab choice for clean scene 1:

Back
Top Bottom