Dedicated sticky for the great AxeFx video tutorials

Bojangles

Experienced
Do you think it would be worth while to have a sticky thread somewhere for the video tutorials the guys here do for the axefx

And before i get flammed (for various interweb reasons)

I mean there are some great Axefx vids out there that guys on this forum create, it would be nice to have them in the one place, contributed exclusively by the axefx forum community, i believe they are the best of the best in regards to what the axefx can do and achieve

Oh and searching youtube doesn't cut it, you just get 10,000 vids of guys shredding badly

What say you?

It's a good idea. There are already some places that you can go to now though for useful tutorials. A couple are;

Chris@KatsuKuriMedia - his blog entries are excellent: Fractal Audio Tutorials | Katsu Kuri Media Blog

Yek has updated some really good info in this forum, admittedly I cannot find it at the moment. :? But I think I'm just being silly, I know it's out there but I can't provide a link.

I think it's a good idea.

And the ones that come to mind are made by Chris (Chris@KatsuKuriMedia)
https://www.youtube.com/user/KKMmusic/videos

Very good audio and video, explains things in detail with some real world examples. But does not over explain and complicate things. And another important thing, not boring!
There was a time I was thinking about making a video set of my own, but started seeing Chris and his videos emerge, and though “somebody already did it, that’s the ends of that idea”.
John

In the wiki the tutorial videos are mentioned per topic.
For ex., Chris' looper tutorial is linked to on the Looper page.

I think it's a good idea.

And the ones that come to mind are made by Chris (Chris@KatsuKuriMedia)
https://www.youtube.com/user/KKMmusic/videos

Very good audio and video, explains things in detail with some real world examples. But does not over explain and complicate things. And another important thing, not boring!
There was a time I was thinking about making a video set of my own, but started seeing Chris and his videos emerge, and though “somebody already did it, that’s the ends of that idea”.
John

meh do it anyway :p

maybe i could start a new Wiki page with links just to instructional type videos? or make a youtube playlist with them and link it somehow? i obviously will do my things on my website, but the Wiki really is the place to be.

i've never worked with a wiki before tho... hmm. i'll think about it. i have some other priorities lately.

oh and thanks for the kind words regarding my vids guys.

meh do it anyway :p

maybe i could start a new Wiki page with links just to instructional type videos? or make a youtube playlist with them and link it somehow? i obviously will do my things on my website, but the Wiki really is the place to be.

i've never worked with a wiki before tho... hmm. i'll think about it. i have some other priorities lately.

oh and thanks for the kind words regarding my vids guys.

Yes, a dedicated wiki page with videos is a nice idea. If updated regularly.
I can create the page. Would you fill / administer it, Chris?

BTW, I wrote an Editing Guide for the wiki, it's in the sidebar.
Link: Help:Editing - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom