Decent Tone but totally dynamically flat, doesn't sound like a guitar?

Megapuff

Hello Internet,
Ive been working on making the AXE2 sound more like a real amp (Im new to this). For reference Ive just figured out what a high pass filter is.
Ive made serious progress but Im stuck again. I can mesh my creations with a backing track tone wise but my signal solo sounds not only piercing but also so flat dynamically that you would be hard pressed to guess its a guitar signal. Its hard to describe without audio examples.

Any random tips?
Anything to check?
No such thing as too basic.
Is there a way for me to post an Mp3 or something to get tips on the finer details of this stuff?

Hello Internet,
Ive been working on making the AXE2 sound more like a real amp (Im new to this). For reference Ive just figured out what a high pass filter is.
Ive made serious progress but Im stuck again. I can mesh my creations with a backing track tone wise but my signal solo sounds not only piercing but also so flat dynamically that you would be hard pressed to guess its a guitar signal. Its hard to describe without audio examples.

Any random tips?
Anything to check?
No such thing as too basic.
Is there a way for me to post an Mp3 or something to get tips on the finer details of this stuff?
Do you have a recording or something we can reference? SoundCloud is great for linking audio.

Do you have Cabinet Modeling enabled in the Global Parameters? And can you confirm that your input signal of the unit and your DAW aren't clipping?

cabinetmodeling.jpg

Last edited:
I can say for sure Logic isnt clipping and I am "Tickling the red" on the front of my unit.
If thats what youre referring to.

I can say for sure Logic isnt clipping and I am "Tickling the red" on the front of my unit.
If thats what youre referring to.
Yes. As long as those are correct, the next step would be to take a look at your preset. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to properly import an Axe-FX II preset. We might need to get some addition assistance.

One thing I noticed in your original post is how you explained that your tone sounds better in a mix than it does by itself. That is usually the case for any recorded guitar tone. If you isolate most guitar tracks from most recordings, they sound pretty bad by themselves when compared standing in front of an amplifier.

One thing I noticed in your original post is how you explained that your tone sounds better in a mix than it does by itself. That is usually the case for any recorded guitar tone. If you isolate most guitar tracks from most recordings, they sound pretty bad by themselves when compared standing in front of an amplifier.
That makes total sense. well I appreciate it a ton my man!
Are you aware of any other Channels or Threads I could Follow that may be able to do a more in depth?

That makes total sense. well I appreciate it a ton my man!
Are you aware of any other Channels or Threads I could Follow that may be able to do a more in depth?
I’m not familiar with any other forums. You could try the lounge and ask. Someone should eventually chime in.
Is there such a thing as me upvoting you or something to Thank you?
Nah. Just pay it forward.

High gain = less dynamics inherently. That sounds good to me. What do you want to be different?
I want to figure out how to make it more or less have similar sound to the guitar in sugar were going down by Fall out boy.
this would mean it would retain clarity but have a darker body.

Id also love to find a Cab /Amp combo that sounds less robotic. Im not sure how to describe this. Other than to say listen to the FOB song itself.

Back
Top Bottom