Dealing with Axe-Fx scepticism

Yeah I guess I should pick my fights a bit better. Anyways I ended my arguement with a childish metaphor that goes a bit like this:

"You're in a relationship where anal sex is out of question. You hear that anal sex is the best thing ever. You can't get it. You never will so you make yourself feel better by stating that [anal sex isn't as good as normal sex and soon everyone will sell their anal sex and buy back normal sex]." That didn't come out right... is Axe-Fx a prostitute now or... FAIL! :roll:

My point is that those guys haven't even tried the Axe so they don't know what they are talking about but each to their own.

Another good arguement is that most professional photographers have gone digital because no one can really tell the difference and you can photoshop your pics etc. The same thing goes for the Axe-Fx. It's way more handy than a tube amp. I hope people realize it.

Clark,

As per your original post, the only way I would ever be bummed out would be if someone heard me actually playing my axe-fx and didn't think it sounded good. And that's never happened. I don't say that to sound like an jerk, but I get compliments on my sound every time I play. And I'm not a great player by any stretch of the imagination. I can do some cool things here and there, but realistically I'm middle-of-the road talent at best.

The advantage I have over other players is that I have a bigger tool box than they do. A well-placed effect here. Switching amp and cabinet setups. I can make things sound huge and lush. Or thin and minimal. And it's these tonal variations and nuances that the axe-fx gives me which makes people think I'm better than I am. So I guess I don't really care what some faceless person thinks when they bash the axe-fx online. I'm comfortable in my own skin. And I'm not in it to win verbal arguments about gear. I'm in it to get people to like my guitar playing. And the axe-fx does that better than any other piece of gear I've ever had.

Cheers,

-AL

Yeah, it doesn't really bother me that much either but these guys seemed to be impressed with the Axe-Fx after I showed them some "good" clips etc.

It's actually a shame that there are so many bad clips on the internet made with the Axe-Fx like this guitar world video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA_QtBXh9-4 I dunno how it's mic'ed but the overdrive tones don't do justice to Axe-Fx IMO.

Then again people shouldn't judge any gear through YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom