Dead Letter Circus Tone Match?

Chris S.

Ive really been loving the tones these guys get. I know that both of their guitarists use Axe FX, and one of them even used to be a member of these forums.

I'm new to using an Axe FX (I literally just got it yesterday)
One of the things that is completely boggling me is how to get a tone just like these guys.. I'm having a hard time figuring out what amp and cab sims they use, there isnt a whole lot of info out there about them.

I was just wondering, have any of you been able to come up with a patch that sounds like what they do?

URL for reference
(Link is intentionally broken. Forum rules state that I can't post links until I've made atleast 10 posts)

youtube.com /watch?v=rPvQQUb9P5E

They are pretty awesome.
I asked Clint once and he said they were using Vox (Class-A) amp sims with Mesa 4x12 IRs and they try not to use much gain to maintain clarity.

I tried messing around with the Vox models and I cannot figure out how to achieve this. Any tips/patches out there?

I've had better luck using the Buttery Amp model into Top Boost Silver cab. I messaged their old guitarist here once a long time ago and he told me that he mainly used the Buttery amp and the Brit 800 amp for most of the tones off their "This is Warning" album. He also mentioned putting a drive pedal in front of the amp if more gain was needed. Delay probably set at dotted 1/8th notes for a good bit of the parts as well.

Maybe try this to get you in the ballpark. I know they have different guitarist now, but still Axe Fx.

Back
Top Bottom