Bug? Dead battery? Weird symptoms though...

Guilly

Hello all,

After several attempts at fixing some problems of noises / crackling etc etc for several months (see this thread for more infos http://forum.fractalaudio.com/ultra-std-recordings/44244-help-axe-fx-ultra-electric-noise.html ) I noticed a few weird things with my Ultra while tweaking some patches this morning.

I was tweaking the "tone" knob on a drive block in axe edit and suddenly no sound at all coming from the axe. I was playing through it while tweaking and my patch was called "RHYTHM ENGL" but at the second I got no sound at all the name of the patch disappeared and I needed to reboot the axefx to get any sound back from it.

I also realized that the gain from some patches seem to slowly decrease while playing. (happened once) I, again, rebooted the axefx and everything wnt back to normal.

My cables are all brand new so no dead cable issue here.

The symptoms I get from the Ultra does not seem to be due to a dead battery issue but I just don't know what to do with this...

I don't know if this makes any sense at all but I would really appreciate some help here.

Starting to really be desperate about the unit...

Thanks in advance!

I haven't heard of anything like that fading out. You should contact Fractal Support and get their take on it.

I tried contacting them and I will eventually need to ship the unit back to them.

I am pretty short on money at the moment and living in Montreal makes it even worse. (150-200$ to ship it to them and another one for them to ship it back to me... and I do no include parts and labor fees here...)

I bought it used from some guy in Montreal near a year ago so I do not have any guarantees on the Ultra.

Have you thought about replacing the battery to rule that out?
You should be able to do this yourself.
Shipping prices quoted also seem rather excessive. It's less than two hundred miles away,yeah?

Good luck with this.

Last edited:
I will check out what I can do with replacing the battery. Do you know where I could find the exact type of battery needed?

It's a CR 2450 I believe-- ( going on memory- and my brain's back up battery probably needs changing, so...) CHECK YER MANUAL to be sure.
Should be available at most hardware stores, pharmacies,Radio Shack, etc...

O

Back
Top Bottom