Day light savings vs standard time

Or better yet (IMO) just set the clocks back to normal full time and quit fucking around with mother nature. IIRC it's been proven in several studies that it accomplishes little or no advantage and is largely a waste of time & energy, so why bother in the first place?

it seems that with setting my clock back an hour....my tone has gotten brighter. Did Cliff secretly deposit an update to my Gen 1 Ultra?

Well, 120,000,000 households not using lights for an hour in the summer, could add up.

Well, 120,000,000 households not using lights for an hour in the summer, could add up.

Hang on just a sec... during the summer, it's daylight from like 04h00 until 22h00... please explain who these 120 million people are who absolutely need daylight for one additional hour?!??!? Even though daylight saving time adds an hour of daylight in the evening, how many people actually benefit from an additional hour of daylight at night?

This may have been introduced back in the agriculture era, but it really has no place in modern society.

well if you get home from work at 4-5pm, that gives you 3hrs. of daylight left at standard time.Daylight savings gives you 4hrs.(in the summer) So 45min. to 1hr less of using lights indoors.

It's a "whatever" issue for me. Although the winter standard time is a crawl for me. Leave for work at 5am(Dark) get home at 5pm(Dark).

Last edited:
For health: calibrate to solar time and the organ clock, but you'll need 2 watches... ;)

While I appreciate any and all chances to trash the government, that doesn't really work as an analogy.

You get the government you deserve. If you are unwilling to donate time and money towards candidates you believe in, and voter turnout is 50% on average, you can expect the results you have received. Name something that has stellar results with indifferent effort.

Personally I would rather have more daylight at the end of the day so have some daylight left to get things done after I get home from work. Eventually I'm going to settle in a tropic zone so once that happens it won't make any difference.

You get the government you deserve. If you are unwilling to donate time and money towards candidates you believe in, and voter turnout is 50% on average, you can expect the results you have received. Name something that has stellar results with indifferent effort.

Had those people on the Titanic simply taken the time to vote on whether the ship sank or not, things could have turned out stellar. They were just too indifferent. They did not realise that the power of the vote could have stopped that doomed behemoth from sinking. PS, no politics allowed here on the forum ;)

Had those people on the Titanic simply taken the time to vote on whether the ship sank or not, things could have turned out stellar. They were just too indifferent. They did not realise that the power of the vote could have stopped that doomed behemoth from sinking. PS, no politics allowed here on the forum ;)

Well this is the Lounge and he was the OP. There is however a firm ban on maritime history on the forum. :)

I didn't make that offhand joke with the intention of opening the floor to a political screed.

Back
Top Bottom