Daw Tables-adjustable height.

Stratman68

Axe-Master
So I read a few threads about chairs, etc as related to DAWS and recording.
I pretty much live in front of my computer screen. Yes, I know, probably too much. Don't play out much anymore, mainly write and record at home, small bedroom\homestudio.
I do need (want?) 30 deep" X 60 wide"
I have done some searching and besides no esperience, my biggest question is this:
I have my Mackie HR mkII's (24 lbs each) on the corners on some shock absorbibng stuff. My worry if adjusting table for standing up, which I prefer, is Stability.
I am average height, I guess 5'8".............if that matters.

Any stories, facts, observations and of course suggestions would be most welome. Total weight on table will be less than 90 lbs.
Thanks folks

Last edited:
Thanks Glenn-Will check it out................Never even considered Home Depot. I am there quite a bit, kind of a home handyman (my home)

I did an Uplift desk this year. Being able to raise my desk (and my nearfields) to the right height when I'm standing and playing guitar is FANTASTIC!

I absolutely love the Uplift frame but the tops are ridiculously overpriced. If you're just a little bit handy I recommend buying the Uplift frame and then getting wood for a top from a lumber yard or Home Depot. You can get a butcher block top or a nice, oak laminate top, for <$100 from HD and it'll wear better than the stupid rubberwood stuff Uplift sells. My rubberwood top is less than a year old and looks like it's got 10 years of use on it it dings and degrades so easily.

I did a 4-leg frame and it's rock solid. I don't like standing desks that wiggle when they're extended and they're two leg models wiggle too much (I've had them in every office I've worked in for the last 5 years). Plus the 4-leg model can handle more weight -- I was worried with the nearfields, 2 monitors, etc. on the desk I'd want the extra lift capacity.

I did 72" wide. Maybe should have gone 80"? My space could handle it and I'd have had some more room for monitors and nearfields. Things are a little squishy on it now.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 8.55.14 PM.png

Last edited:
Pretty expensive, but I won't rule it out. Looks great!. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. Thanks
EDIT: Error on my part. $949 w/o top?

Is yours regular or commercial? Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom