DAW/FM3 output mixing

I've been searching about this, with no luck.
Is there a way to set the FM3/DAW output volume mix, when using the FM3 as the only audio interface? I did it with an aggregated device, in MacOS, but it's not my goal.
I'd like to hear, from the FM3 output 1 (not 2), only the DAW output (not direct monitoring).
On the other hand, do you know if this is feasible with the Axe-FX III?

I know, but I cannot adjust the FM3 output level in order to hear the DAW only. As far as I can tell, I can only crank the USB level and lower the output eq gain by -12db. Not enough
You mean you don't want to hear your playing at all when you're listening to USB? Maybe don't play. :)

Of course not 😉 I mean: I want to hear myself playing through the DAW and the DAW only, in order to add plugins to the FM3 audio chain
I think you mean you want to insert DAW plugins after the output of the FM3. Is that correct? If that's the case, route the grid to Output 2 instead of Output 1, and feed that into your DAW. Now, the only signal coming out of Output 1 will be incoming USB from your DAW.

Yes, that's exactly when I mean, sorry for my lack of "explanation skills"... :laughing:
I've tried routing the grid to output 2 and setting up my daw with input 3-4, as the input of the patch, and Stereo Output (output 1) as the output.
In this way I can hear the dry guitar (with the daw latency, of course).
How to route the output of the FM3 (processed) to the input of the DAW?
The only options I have are: input 1,2,3,4 (or pairs, for stereo).

Hi
You have to set the value to Ouput 2 under the menu item:
=>Setup => I/O =>USB 3.4 RecordSource
In your FM 3 the default value "Input 1" is still entered.

So long Dieter

Reactions: Rex
I already did it but I cannot hear anything in this way, although it seems the most logic thing to do.
The DAW (Logic Pro X) channel strip is set like this:
  • Input: Input 3,4
  • Output: Stereo Output (set to Output 1 in Audio settings)

I wanted to achieve the same thing, in the end I tried the suggested output 2 method and it was OK for my purposes today. Several issues with it though.

1. The output level is inexplicably much lower, even after adding the 18dB boost in setup it's still lower.
2. Changing every preset to go to output 2 is a going to be a pain
3. Out 1 & 2 just aren't the same thing - one has +4/-10 level options and different connectors, so this method also changes the setup for rehearsal
4. Can't capture the dry input 1 signal on USB 3/4 because they are taken up by output 2 now

Would be great if there were a direct monitor toggle for when used as an interface; and better still out 1, out 2 and dry all being discrete (dry/input 1 being only a 5th USB channel).

Back
Top Bottom