Daw eq as an IR?

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
Hi, I want to sculpt my acoustic guitar tone with my daw, to get rid of nasty overtones from the acoustic pickup, and then transfer that as an IR to my Fractal unit.
So is there a plugin for this purpose?
What would be the best way to do that?

Are you really going crazy specific with EQ that just making it in your Fractal would be hard?
Seems like more work than just dialing in EQ on your Fractal or with the editor.

I'd would encourage you to look at acoustic guitar specific IRs if you haven't. Could be a real time saver and tone enhancer.

You can do this easily in any DAW.
  1. Create an EQ setting in the plugin of your choice
  2. Put an impulse (literally just one sample of audio) on an otherwise empty track with the EQ from step 1 applied
  3. Adjust gain if necessary
  4. Bounce to .wav

Are you really going crazy specific with EQ that just making it in your Fractal would be hard?
Seems like more work than just dialing in EQ on your Fractal or with the editor.

I'd would encourage you to look at acoustic guitar specific IRs if you haven't. Could be a real time saver and tone enhancer.
i can get more surgical and precise in a daw, since it involves finding nasty resonances. I got a Carlos Sensor pickup on my Selmer style guitar, which captures the character of a guitar quite accurately, just need to clean up some harshness.

Back
Top Bottom