AFIII David Gilmour signature Strat demo... and hearing issues

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor

This is a demo of a friend's Fender David Gilmour Signature Stratocaster. I recorded it in dire conditions : 9 days ago, I caught the flu, and since a few days, my hearing is affected. I hear only over-emphasized high frequencies, everything sounds extremely glassy, there's no low end etc. So, when I recorded this demo, just after re-stringing the guitar, everything seems to sound bad, but I didn't want to adjust my Axe-Fx III presets (I'm still with 24.05 : I don't want to check beta 25 with my current hearing). Just tell me : does that sounds fine to you ? I know the distortion part is not bright as it's my Dumble preset, but the clean tones ? I just want to make sure that it's my hearing, not my setup. I hear these clean tones as some razor sharp hi end treble, almost like the speakers are about to blow, and it's frightening me.
The guitar isn't mine, a friend had let it here with his brand new multifx so I could make sounds for him - for now I can't, I need my hears back first ! Also, it's my first time playing guitar in 10 days, I still feel very weak, so the playing isn't great, plus the action is way too low for me to bend as I like too usually :(
Btw, I played With or without you with the bridge pickup, although my preset is made for bridge+middle position - that was sounding to bright for me (The Edge plays with the bridge pickup anyway)

It is very chimey. I'd want to pre-EQ some of that out. Maybe there's a place for it in the arsenal but I would not necessarily want it to be my main guitar.

It's too bright for me too but I can't currently trust my ears. But yes it's brighter than my own Strat

Back
Top Bottom