Das Metal + FAS Crunch

robotspeak

Hey guys. I'm working on a patch based on an interview from Tosin of Animals as Leaders. It's a blend of the Das Metal and FAS crunch models. I'd like to get some feedback and i'll be happy to share the settings if you guys like it : ]

sorry not so good, muffled machine like dark; plus if showing a patch I would make it guitar only, imho.

Love your playing! But yeah, the patch is missing life to it. Not sure what the issue is, how much time have you had with your Axe FX? Took me A LOT of tweaking to get a good metal tone out of it. Especially tuned down. I play in B standard and some Drop A.

To me almost sounds like you have a dry track un-muted.
The two amp/settings are far to different to pan hard left and right when they are playing different
parts or poly rhythms. Might sound different once you have layered the guitar parts. GL with the patch.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the honesty. I've had the axe for about 5 months now and it's definitely been a chore getting a metal tone that I really like. I've noticed that it's particularly difficult blending two amps and that's something I want to learn how to do. I might try going back to one amp in the meantime though. I think the reason that it sounds like there's a dry track in there is because the FAS crunch is relatively clean sounding. I'll upload the patch in case anyone wants to give me any helpful hints. The only thing is that i'm using redwirez mesa R121 and SM57 IRs

Attachments

• Stratified(26).syx
    2 KB · Views: 7
To be honest, I quit on the 2 amps thing. Do you have Axe Edit for your computer? That makes modeling much simpler imo. The most I have done using 2 amps is going into the "amp geek" section and using different gain stages and mixing amps. This is the first tone I got down that I really liked and it took me quite a while Old War Skull (rough mix) by Edgecrusher71 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free and I have just started crafting another tone and on this one I did the amp geek section of using the Das Metal and used the 5150 in the Tone section of amp geek. New Jack by Edgecrusher71 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free The first clip was using the energyball amp. Really simple signal chain.

Back
Top Bottom