Damping and Sag

EdgE

Fractal Fanatic
Ok Maybe I a bit slow,but it never occurred to me to turn off both parameter's(This is while using headphone's and monitors) It sounds great. Or put damping at about .28 and leave sag off.Tightens things up with distortion and some of the amps that get a little flabby.Anyway thought I share:)

At the moment I am using the damp control a lot to get the right amount of break up on the poweramp.
If you have the mastervol high on the doubleverb and it does not breakup as much as you want then instead of
turning up the drive I'll lower the damp parameter so it breaks up more in the poweramp.

Same idea when getting less break up on a vox or marshall model, turning up the damp to clean it up a bit.

Jens

Same idea when getting less break up on a vox or marshall model, turning up the damp to clean it up a bit.

Jens

Weird, I was just playing around with damping last night on the Plexi 1 model. I've always kept it between 4.5 and 5, not really liking what it does to the tone above 5, but I had never tried lowering it until last night. To me it relaxed the upper mids by lowering it, which sounded good with my strat on the neck position. What damp range are others liking with the Plexi?

So I guess sag to 0 and I'm just getting just preamp distortion.Still sounds great though monitors.I know your suppose to turn off when using power amp and real cab.I'm just using axe through monitors and head phones I,m not old school where you crank the master,grew up on the preamp distortion.

Back
Top Bottom