Damaging the Axe Fx III by having the rack standing on the side wall?

parlopower

Inspired
Might be a stupid question...

Running into a space problem on my desk, have to put my rack (5 height units, Axe III, mic preamp and headphones amp / monitor controller) somewhere else. Easiest option, especially regarding cabling: Put it on the carpet floor under the desk. However, to have space for my feet, it would be better to have it standing vertically on the sidewall.

Only moving part is the fan, so I wonder - could it damage the Axe Fx III to be standing on the side permanently? (Pretty sure the other two devices are fine.)

Last edited:
No. Just keep it out of the path of potential liquid spills (i.e. water running off the desk).

Besides the crick in your neck from turning your head to read the display, no harm done. As long as it has adequate airflow to keep cool, orientation shouldn't matter.

Besides the crick in your neck from turning your head to read the display, no harm done. As long as it has adequate airflow to keep cool, orientation shouldn't matter.

I keep it in a gator rack along with a power conditioner. Thats okay right?

Yep. Commercial racks pretty much always leave a little room on the sides of the devices for some airflow. You just don't want the side vents on the Axe FX to be totally closed off to where air can't get in there to circulate.

Yep. Commercial racks pretty much always leave a little room on the sides of the devices for some airflow. You just don't want the side vents on the Axe FX to be totally closed off to where air can't get in there to circulate.

the space left is about two finger on each side..you reckon thats not enough?

I always had my Fractal racks this way, really handy when sitting to my desk. And easy to pack to gig.
Axe%20fx-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom