Daddario XL Formula 3 Metal Demo

LucasLeCompte

Experienced
Daddario sent me a beta sample of their new strings that are coming out. They feel really good under the fingers and sound really good! Of course for the guitars I used my Axe Fx II. The guitar patch is the Disarm the Decent patch from axechange and the bass patch is Nolly's Bass patch. I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
I don't know dude, but I really don't like the guitar sound or the mix. There's really nothing good to say about it :S

Use about 1/2 as much gain on the guitars and double track them, turn the low pass filter to around 7k (advanced tab). That will help immensely.

Sounds pretty good actually, I agree with the low pass suggestions there is an hard freq in the 7k-10k range. Really not so much a string demo with that gainy of a tone but it's a cool slammin' riff.

What makes these strings special? Different gauges or something?

They are made with a new metal mixture I believe. They didnt say what they did differently but they feel really good under the hands. They also respond to palm muting very well. The gauge was your regular 10-46 set.

Mmm, You've got my interest at least. I'm assuming it's an equivalent to the EB cobalt strings.

Mmm, You've got my interest at least. I'm assuming it's an equivalent to the EB cobalt strings.

I find they are better. They dont give your strings a strange high end sound and they arent as dry as the EB cobalts. Cobalts are dryer and hurt your hands as you slide. Well in my experience they do.

Back
Top Bottom