D20 - The Forsaken (Lamb of God-ish)

D20

Power User
I was going for a Lamb of God type of tone and overall feel with this one. For the guitars i used the Recto New model (even though i know they use Mark Vs now i think). I think the IR i used was a Fredman s-preshigh IR. i used my Spector bass into the Ampeg and FAS Modern models for the bass tone. Drums were Toontrack's Metal Foundry library. Hope you enjoy it!!!

Feedback is always welcome!!!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1046513/D20 - The Forsaken.mp3

or

http://soundcloud.com/d20/d20-the-forsaken

To me it's not LoG-ish, but personal :D

Very cool, and love the ironic theme!

Just a little suggestion for the mix: try to cut a lot of bass from the BD inside mic and blend the external mic a little. You'll gain a lot of clarity.

The song is very LoG-ish! Nice job.

The tone doesn't really remind LoG tone. They run Mark series with different type of GEQ settings. One is the V-shape and the other is like an M-shape. The sum of those end up being the LoG tone.

images

Once again I think this is the most essential part of the Mark series amps and having Mark series simulated without the GEQ is like having no Mark series at all. I know Cliff said that the Mark series GEQ isn't good... how come do so many professional musicians use it? It's a personal preference just like me not liking Engl. :)

Last edited:
To me it's not LoG-ish, but personal :D

Very cool, and love the ironic theme!

Just a little suggestion for the mix: try to cut a lot of bass from the BD inside mic and blend the external mic a little. You'll gain a lot of clarity.

Cool thanks!!! Yeah i boosted a bit at around 80 hz on the inside mic.

The song is very LoG-ish! Nice job.

The tone doesn't really remind LoG tone. They run Mark series with different type of GEQ settings. One is the V-shape and the other is like an M-shape. The sum of those end up being the LoG tone.

images

Once again I think this is the most essential part of the Mark series amps and having Mark series simulated without the GEQ is like having no Mark series at all. I know Cliff said that the Mark series GEQ isn't good... how come do so many professional musicians use it? It's a personal preference just like me not liking Engl. :)

Thanks Clark!

Yeah the guitar tone is something i had a rough time trying to get.

Back
Top Bottom