D20 - Redemption

D20

Power User
Hey everyone,
I made a new patch using the 5105 model and a Redwirez IR (Marshall 1960 w/Vintage 30 cab. I think it was SM57 and Cap 4in) I am also using Superior DFH on this one. I have a hard time trying to decide if i want to use Avatar kit, Metal Foundry, and this. I really like what i have with the drums on this one. I eventually want to put together an album as i have a lot of material for it, but need to figure out what drum tones to use.

Anyways, hope you all enjoy! I'd love to hear what you think of it?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=8927577

and

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1046513/Redemption.mp3

Very tight. Nice playing. Sounds a bit like the Cornford. Maybe boost the mid lows a bit.

yek said:
Very tight. Nice playing. Sounds a bit like the Cornford. Maybe boost the mid lows a bit.

Many thanks! :D

Yeah the tone is a bit scooped in the low mid region.

Sounds great. I hear "Disturbed" lyrics in my head. Wha ahh ahh!

Haha!!! :lol:

Many thanks for listening and commenting.

Its funny i don't really listen to Disturbed at all, but after writing this a lot of people have said it sounds like a Disturbed style riff in the intro.

Sounds great. Love the guitar tone. Did you double-track the guitars using the same patch? Also, how are you doing the drums? The programming/playing is killer.

Sounds friggin' great man!

I think the drums fit perfectly with that tone. I love that snare.

Webb said:
Sounds great. Love the guitar tone. Did you double-track the guitars using the same patch? Also, how are you doing the drums? The programming/playing is killer.

The guitar tone is double track. One hard right, and the other hard left. Oh, and its the same patch as well, but i eq'd them within cubase different from each other. just the slightest. The drums are good ole' Superior DFH 1 programmed with my mouse inputting where i want the hits to be. Basically Metal Foundry is the updated version of the drums that i use here, though i currently am preferring the original over Metal Foundry. I haven't been able to get a snare or kick close to what i have here in MF. Uber thanks again!!!

Sounds friggin' great man!

I think the drums fit perfectly with that tone. I love that snare.

Many thanks!!!! :D

Awesome!!! Its good to hear that others are digging the drums! I really like this snare as well! Thanks again!!!

Fusion said:
Souds killer D!!! Are you telling me these drums are only DFH1? Nice jop then!

You are correct in your statement! :cool: Well, i guess i should mention that i used an ambience mic from the NY SDX, but just for some reverb on the snare.

I am very much digging the DFH1 at the moment!

Back
Top Bottom