D20 - Just a new idea

I dig it yet again. How you get that stuff sounding so clean and tight yet gainy as frack? Drums sound like you exported and didn't do much afterwards so it sound just like the single track export.

Sounds great! What DAW are you using? What interface do you use to connect the Axe to your computer?

Thanks! I use Cubase 6 and an M Audio Delta 44.

Sounds good. Very 311ish.

Many thanks! Love me some 311, haven't listened to them in some time, but i will take that as a compliment!

I dig it yet again. How you get that stuff sounding so clean and tight yet gainy as frack? Drums sound like you exported and didn't do much afterwards so it sound just like the single track export.

Thanks again Charlie! Not sure about the guitars being gainy as frack haha! Strangely enough it is so hard to pull of pinch harmonics with my guitar patches because i have hardly any gain at all on them. I will say that one of my three bass tracks is heavily distorted and that is the only purpose it serves. Another is really sub-like and round, and the other is very clean sounding. I think that the bass makes up for a big portion of the gainy guitars. On this clip i did absolutely nothing to the guitars. no eq, comp, nothing. Just straight up two tracks left and right. 3 tracks of bass in the middle.

I am new to multi outs with S2.0, so i really feel like i don't know what i am doing, but i am happy with the results with this one! Most of the processing is done outside of S2.0, and a little bit inside. Yeah i pretty much input all the drum hits, record guitars and bass over that and just export. Not sure if that is how i am supposed to do it, but i liked the results.

Back
Top Bottom