D20 - First Axe Fx II XL recording

D20

Power User
Hey everyone,
Well i took the plunge and got the XL. I've only had it one day and I'm a bit overwhelmed with it, but that will ease with time i'm sure. Just had about 30 minutes today to throw something together really quick before work. I'd love to hear thoughts on my tone. Too much gain?, not enough?, you can tell me i suck at guitar? LOL! Anywho, here is the clip. Hope you enjoy. Oh, and i used the FAS 6160 with cali cab i think.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1046513/Axe Fx II Test.mp3

i think it sounds great. in a full mix (with vocals, etc) it might be a little gainy, but I thought every thing sounded great, had it's own space, etc.

Sounds great. What was used to make the Bass Guitar track?

Many thanks!

I used my 1987 Spector NS-2a. Kinda rare because it was made with all USA hardware, inlays, and preamp. It's basically an ns-2. I used the citrus bass 200>svt sub kick I think
Tiny bit of compression too.

i think it sounds great. in a full mix (with vocals, etc) it might be a little gainy, but I thought every thing sounded great, had it's own space, etc.

Very cool!

Yea listening in my truck I can see how it is a bit much on the gain as well. I really appreciate the input

Love that tone. Sits in the mix just like I like it. No roaring mids but just enough to blend with the bass as one instrument. Excellent.

I checked out that song on you bandcamp and the soundcloud stuff as well. Reminds me of a lot of my stuff, except more finished. Truth be told, I kinda wish I was in this band :p

Hey thanks everyone!!! :)

The drums are done with Superior 2.0, but with the Metal Machine EZX.

Thanks for the comment on my bandcamp. I'm going to be recording my instrumental album as well as my new band's album soon hopefully. Work and responsibilities keep getting in the way LOL! The song Corridor will be on my instrumental for sure!

The tone is from the FAS 6160.

I retracked the guitars with a little less gain. Here is a newer mix: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1046513/Axe Fx II Test 2.mp3

Back
Top Bottom