D20 - Chasm

I enjoyed it. It sounded so Axe-FX Ultra though. :) I've done that before.... record demos so I don't forget. Problem is I still forget how to play it when revisted much later.

I friggin' love your guitar tone on the chorded part at the end. I still can't figure out how people are getting these really brutal, honky, grindy tones. It's a complete mystery to me.

I enjoyed it. It sounded so Axe-FX Ultra though. :) I've done that before.... record demos so I don't forget. Problem is I still forget how to play it when revisted much later.

Thanks Charlie! LOL! Yeah i'm pretty sure i have done the same thing with demos before as well. Even thought i recorded them haha!

I friggin' love your guitar tone on the chorded part at the end. I still can't figure out how people are getting these really brutal, honky, grindy tones. It's a complete mystery to me.

Many thanks! Glad you dig the tone! Its funny. I don't ever set out to record honky tones, but for some reason they end up that way. :scratches head:

Maybe i just need less mids?

D20 ... I'm a huge Tool fan and the tone of the guitars and mild syncopation of the basses on this piece sounded familiar to me in that regard. Not sure if that was what you were going after, but on my little desktop speaker system here at work, it sounded friggin' awesome, IMHO. Now, go finish it!

Thanks Charlie! LOL! Yeah i'm pretty sure i have done the same thing with demos before as well. Even thought i recorded them haha!

Many thanks! Glad you dig the tone! Its funny. I don't ever set out to record honky tones, but for some reason they end up that way. :scratches head:

Maybe i just need less mids?

By any chance are you willing to share the patch? Also, what tuning are you in? If you figure out how you always end up at that tone, I'd love some direction. I always end up with 90's rock tones... I guess that's just where my brain thinks my tone should be.

By any chance are you willing to share the patch? Also, what tuning are you in? If you figure out how you always end up at that tone, I'd love some direction. I always end up with 90's rock tones... I guess that's just where my brain thinks my tone should be.

Haha! Sure thing. I don't mind sharing. I can tell you now that it is the 5150 and New Recto models. Drive 6 Bass 6, Mids 2, Treb 6. Pres around 2. Depth none, damp 6, sag 6, master 2

Cab was the Ghandi cab from Recabinet. (Love those IRs!) HP @ 75 and LP @ 7500. Other than that there was some post eq pulling a couple db out of around 3k and 4k.

I will say that without the bass guitar tracks in there it sounded pretty weak haha! Oh and i am in drop C tuning.

D20 ... I'm a huge Tool fan and the tone of the guitars and mild syncopation of the basses on this piece sounded familiar to me in that regard. Not sure if that was what you were going after, but on my little desktop speaker system here at work, it sounded friggin' awesome, IMHO. Now, go finish it!

Many thanks Markom!!!
I was actually going for a kinda Tool-ish vibe on this one. I really like Tool, but i don't ever feel like i could write something along the same lines, but i did my best haha!
Not sure if this song will end up a song for my band or my solo album yet, but i look forward to finishing it! :)

Thanks again!

You should just say these are done with Axe-II. Seriously I doubt the difference can be "heard" in a recording. I think there "might" be a difference while dongled to AXE-II while recording, but end result probably no difference.

You should just say these are done with Axe-II. Seriously I doubt the difference can be "heard" in a recording. I think there "might" be a difference while dongled to AXE-II while recording, but end result probably no difference.

So does that mean my tones are pretty good? :)

I would like to get an Axe II, but my funds will prevent from it. I'm really happy with my Ultra and what i can do with it. Maybe i'll have enough funds by the time Axe III comes out :)

Back
Top Bottom