Cygnus ready: JP IIc - Mark IV - Triaxis - JC 120 - Metal / Prog Preset with user IRs

download the preset, then in axe edit go to tools > manage presets, drag and drop the downloaded preset onto an empty slot or one that you would like to overwrite, hit save
I can't download the preset. I can't get it to do anything but prompt the error message.
Right click, Left click, highlight, select..it doesn't seem to matter.
I know it should be rudimentary, and that I'm doing something wrong, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I can get presets from the exchange, but can't seem to download them from here.
I'm on a Macbook

Sounds like your browser is trying to open the file instead of saving it. Can't you do something like right click + save as... ?

I can't download the preset. I can't get it to do anything but prompt the error message.
Right click, Left click, highlight, select..it doesn't seem to matter.
I know it should be rudimentary, and that I'm doing something wrong, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I can get presets from the exchange, but can't seem to download them from here.
I'm on a Macbook

ah, gotcha. Right click, "save link as"

[Edit] updated with the 6 string patch dialled in for Cygnus!

This is my slightly Petrucci-esque Metal preset tailored to my JPX 6 string. I am working on a 7 string version of this as well, tailored to, you guessed it, my JPX 7. Nothing is ever final; I switch stuff around all the time, but I'm pretty happy with this one.

View attachment 69826

I am including a cab mix I did that goes into slot 1 of the cab block's channel C (basically of what's in channel A of the cab block), a Palmer IR that goes into slot 4 (found that on the forum here, adds a bit of bite and clarity) and a tone match of the Horizon Precision Drive that goes into the IR player.

Happy shredding, let me know how it goes.

Edit:

slightly updated preset with the newly modeled Precision Drive and Cooper's Pitch Block emulating the Mimiq Pedal. Also added the preset dialed in for my 7 string JPX
I'll share 3 screenshots:
1) what I see when I right click...there's no download option, but there is a "Save file as" option, when I select that, I see
2) options as to where to save the file, when I attempt to save it as, I see
3) error message

Attachments

• 72AA16C4-9F33-48A4-A02D-F9E3FDF4BD4E.jpeg
    72AA16C4-9F33-48A4-A02D-F9E3FDF4BD4E.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 13
  • A1A7EF89-23CB-489D-A1B2-4D77BADE134A.jpeg
    A1A7EF89-23CB-489D-A1B2-4D77BADE134A.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 3F573120-635E-4785-9DC5-1F34ADED46D8.jpeg
    3F573120-635E-4785-9DC5-1F34ADED46D8.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 13
1) what I see when I right click...there's no download option, but there is a "Save file as" option, when I select that, I see
3) error message

that is weird. Have you tried a different location, like the Downloads folder?

Also I notice that it's trying to append a "(1)" to the file name, typically that happens if the file already exists

3) error message
Try using Safari as your browser. I just tried it in Vivaldi (which is a Chrome variant) & also only got the option to save the link.

Hey all,
I've run out of time tonight...thanks for your help.
I suspect the search engine might be the issue...I'll check tomorrow and let you know what I find out.
In gratitude, Steve

Hey all,
I've run out of time tonight...thanks for your help.
I suspect the search engine might be the issue...I'll check tomorrow and let you know what I find out.
In gratitude, Steve
I've had that happen to me before (Mac user here also). Firefox is my main browser. I've found that closing the browser then restarting it will restore link functions properly in most cases. If all else fails, I just do a full system restart.

Using FireFox seems to have cracked the code. I can download the presets so I should be good. Of course, the real test is when I get to the studio and load onto the Axe-FX, but I'll cross that bridge tonight.

I can't express enough how appreciative I am to all who have selflessly (and patiently) helped in the last 24 hours.

Steve

This is painful...Now that I can get them into Axe-Edit and saved...there's absolutely no sound from these presets.
I've loaded the cabs as well.

Attachments

• 40B6103B-4259-414E-87CD-470FA3ACE740.jpeg
    40B6103B-4259-414E-87CD-470FA3ACE740.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom