Cygnus Dizzy amps BUG ?

Everyday the Vh4 post 🤣❤️‍🩹

if the channel 2 sound better than the 3, just play with the 2 😅
If you really like an amp, and it's modelled in axe fx, you surely expect to use it (by which i mean: that it's quite close to what you expect, while of course factoring in variations between actual amps, ECT).

Some people use third channel of Vh4 as their main tone. And channel 2 in Cygnus doesn't sound like the 3rd channel of VH4 imo. At the very least: not the one I have.

One can go back to ares, of course, assuming it's more accurate for VH4. But then you loose other things.

If there's a bug in VH4 silver amp sim, that would explain some of the perceived issues.

I'm not sure about what's going on. I have seen some VH4s that sounded quite different to what I have here. But this kind of difference of such magnitude, maybe no.

At least this is my (admittedly fallible) impression.

Last edited:
if the channel 2 sound better than the 3, just play with the 2 😅
because there are tons of players who know real vh4 and love it, so of course these folks wants to use it in axe3.

Not sure what are you trying to accomplish with your attitude, as you are probably the first guy on this forum, asking multiple times same thing in every thread for the things you want to see implemented, most of the times in threads with different topic (for example bi*ching about audio gap in sound or not authentic mark eq sliders, etc. im general firmware threads). then cliff and moderators have to tell you a few times to open your own thread about your needs, and guess what, that’s what we do here 🤗

Maybe add more content to your need if nothing move . Do a video, comparaison … in YouTube, channel 3 of the diezel sound dark and muddy in most of the videos so …
Then concerning my needs , the gap thing is real in channels and has been resolved in 1 hour here (just don’t use it 😅) . When you have zero answers, bad excuses or « tweak » as answer everytime … in the end it’s true : if you don’t have enough gain, put a neutral boost … you can tweak everything . My amp still don’t sound as the sim at exact settings . They are too many amps in the axe to be accurate at 100%. If you own the real one in the end … we are a lot owning our favorite amp and the axe, maybe there is a reason

Maybe add more content to your need if nothing move . Do a video, comparaison … in YouTube, channel 3 of the diezel sound dark and muddy in most of the videos so …
Then concerning my needs , the gap thing is real in channels and has been resolved in 1 hour here (just don’t use it 😅) . When you have zero answers, bad excuses or « tweak » as answer everytime … in the end it’s true : if you don’t have enough gain, put a neutral boost … you can tweak everything . My amp still don’t sound as the sim at exact settings . They are too many amps in the axe to be accurate at 100%. If you own the real one in the end … we are a lot owning our favorite amp and the axe, maybe there is a reason
a bit hard to read tbh, can’t really understand half of your post, but no problem man, as long as you stay on topic 😃

because there are tons of players who know real vh4 and love it, so of course these folks wants to use it in axe3.

Not sure what are you trying to accomplish with your attitude, as you are probably the first guy on this forum, asking multiple times same thing in every thread for the things you want to see implemented, most of the times in threads with different topic (for example bi*ching about audio gap in sound or not authentic mark eq sliders, etc. im general firmware threads). then cliff and moderators have to tell you a few times to open your own thread about your needs, and guess what, that’s what we do here 🤗
Man, you beat me to it!! KUDOS. I hope FAS gets it sorted for ya...ALL of us..., cuz that's what this thing we call modelling is all about.
And I seem to recall reading quite the bitchfest about how the JPIIC model didn't sound just like the real amp. :rolleyes: :p

yes, and with this « bitchfest », you have a jp way more improved now 🙄. You can say thank you too .

Last edited:
I mean I was not crying only, I proved it .
they are busy, if you don’t ask something 20 times sometimes it don’t move . For this I agree with you . How many answers I had that I was dreaming , even with videos , Until cliff himself said that I was right in the end . I can sound boring sometimes but since now, all my whining requests or problems identified were real .

No need for overthinking this.. all requests in this thread are real also, and there are now maybe 10-15 people, who says exactly where is the problem and what should be checked.

We don´t need to do videos about it. if Cliff has some spare time, he will check and see in a seconds, what the problem is with ch.3.

If the case was more nuanced, with smaller differences, I would agree that videos are very important.

In this instance, inaccuracies seem large enough to think they are caused by a bug of some kind. I imagine.

I went back to old firmware and feel the VH4 silver 3 sounds closer to a real VH4 here. And it feels closer too, using the same IR and suhr load box for the VH4.

But I may be out of my mind, so hopefully we'll get news on this at some point.

here for example when you listen to the guy at 2:33 with the over treble and mid scooped sound and then Misha after him in channel 3, the difference is huge . Misha’s sound is similar to what I remembered about channel 3, I will retry the sim. I use channel 2 in my vh4 preset.

both sound are horrible to me there, I have a way better tone with the Vh4 in the axe 😅

here for example when you listen to the guy at 2:33 with the over treble and mid scooped sound and then Misha after him in channel 3, the difference is huge . Misha’s sound is similar to what I remembered about channel 3, I will retry the sim. I use channel 2 in my vh4 preset

doesn´t matter, the audio capture in this video is total crap.

point is the ch3 has a mistake, probably in it´s coding or whatnot. sometimes cliff enters wrong values when typing in program and then he just types correct values and it sounds amazing again :)

btw, ch.2 in ax3 sound a lot better, than real vh4, so I personally would love to stay it like that, it really is something :)

Last edited:
I don't think a video is necessary to tease Cliff that the sound from channel 3 is not authentic.
Cliff's VH4 amp won't sound much different (with working tubes) either, since the earlier implementations before Cygnus were close to the original.

Leon's Diezel sound tutorial has also been posted several times in the Cygnus Release Node threads,
but is a much better example of the VH4 Channel 3 sound than the video above.

And it clearly shows that Cliff's amp can't have the "my amp sounds different from your amp" problem ;-),
because the VH4 Channel 3 sound was better and close to the original in older Axe FX firmware releases.
Something in the current parameter set for Channel 3 must be wrong.

You made my point. So why are you giving these guys such a hard time, huh?
I just wanted audio or videos more than words in the end as I never tried the original. I don’t see any « hard time » . Some guys ask presets when there is a problem , me audio 😅. If we have a new more accurate Vh4 it’s nice

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom